Inside No.9

Come here to discuss the latest official news postings and keep track of what the Gents are up to right now.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy, papalazarou

Inside No.9

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

I presume we all follow Reece on Twitter?
He's been talking about filming a new thing that he's done with Steve and here are some details :D

http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000986/inside_no_9_steve_pemberton_reece_shearsmith/

It should be marvellous!
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Inside No.9

Postby serafina pekkala » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Good stuff. Ta for pointing it out.

I don't follow Twitter. It is just people saying their thoughts out loud or talking to their friends. :)
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby Beast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:59 pm

*bump*

So, "Sardines" was excellent. Such an amazing cast and wonderfully written. So dark and funny.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 am

Oh my gods, how good is this show?! Looks like it's just you and me, miss denton, on the forum anymore, so let's discuss! :lol:

Sardines was brilliant. Just the idea that they'd play Sardines at an engagement party was awesome. Then all the tidbits of stories from all the characters.... I love how you got just enough info to put the main story together, with a little left over to fuel imagination about the bits that weren't explained away. And of course the end was chilling.

A Quiet Night In was genius. Typical of Steve and Reece, it paid homage to cinematic classics while being fresh and surprising at the same time. I started guffawing when they kept getting caught in the security lights! I don't think I've laughed so hard at anything they've done since the League. Not that I haven't enjoyed their more recent stuff; this episode was just THAT great, I thought.

Haven't had a chance to watch the new one, but I hope I'll be able to do so tomorrow night. Can't wait!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Beast » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:47 am

Ooh indeed. I loved it soooo much. My favourite of the series. My second favourite was The Understudy. I didn't love the last ep to be honest but a great series overall. Yay, they never let us down! Always fresh, intelligent shows. :)
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah, the last episode was pretty weak, I felt, but considering how incredible the rest of the series was, it had a LOT to live up to. This is easily my favorite work since their League days. I can't wait to see more!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:03 pm

New series starts tonight. Steve was on Daybreak this morning. They seemed more keen to talk about Benidorm though.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:58 pm

How incredible has this series been so far? Even better than last, and I loved so very much about last series. 12 Days of Christine was so powerful. Properly creepy and had me sobbing by the end. I guessed early on what was going on, but that didn't ruin my enjoyment of it one iota. Last week's was terrific, too, and I liked that they gave us a lighter episode, even if it was still a heavy theme. Can't wait to see the next!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:54 pm

It's been a fantastic series. I think my favourite so far has been the 12 Days of Christine. It was a very touching episode. Last one on Thursday. It's gone too quickly!
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Return to Royston Vasey - Press Office