'Book of Precious Things' - a NEW book from the Gents!

Come here to discuss the latest official news postings and keep track of what the Gents are up to right now.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy, papalazarou

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Got to say those are pretty good for a camara phone. Nice to see they are all looking well :)
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsBeasley » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:59 pm

God it sounded excellent. I spent all day at my work in a bad mood until PNW sent me the Reece pic & then I was all smiley!
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:38 pm

TLTW, Did you get Reece to sign Winterbourne in the end?

It was a truly wonderful day, made better by the company!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tubby Little Titwitch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:04 pm

Sadly not, I thought getting three things signed was quite enough. :lol: I'll have to mab him after something else, meh. Can get Mark to sign it after his play, hehe. :wink:

If I were a moth I'd smash myself against your body.
Tubby Little Titwitch
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby a1tiptop » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:09 pm

Thank you so much for all those posts about Sunday. So wish I could have been with you guys, even though poor PNW seems to have had a bit of a nightmare in the front row. :( Thanks to Kate for sending me that photo of Mark! It was incredible to get that in Cyprus! Made me feel all included! *hugs(

Come on guys though - please don't be cryptic! What did Tracy give Steve? Who looks great in a dress?
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tubby Little Titwitch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:18 pm

They decided on Reece in the end on the strength of Stella and Judee. Quite right I reckon, he IS a woman in those costumes. Terrifying.

We'll have to let Tracy tell you about the presents, couldn't deny her the pleasure! :P

If I were a moth I'd smash myself against your body.
Tubby Little Titwitch
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tracy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:03 pm

Tubby Little Titwitch wrote:Ahahaa, Tracy's presents were GENIUS. He was very, very pleased and probably terrified.

Meh. He LOVES it. :P :lol:

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:Aww :) What did you give Steve this time Tracy? Directions to Newcastle perchance ;)

Aaahaahaa!! :lol: I think I'm scary enough without *actually* doing that...

See that pink thing Steve's holding (ooh er)? It's a ridiculously massive biro I bought in The Lakes last year (knowing at some point there'd be a chance of giving him it) and I'd used a Letraset to put the words 'The Exocet' and 'Please rinse after use' on it (think he got a laugh out of that). Also, a bottle of this sauce stuff called 'Toad Sweat'... which weirdly can be used on steaks *and* ice cream... yes! Oh and a couple of patches with 'Pemberton Police' on. Or summat. I said "Happy Birthday for the other week", and he said "how'd you know that?", and I said "it's my job to know that". And laughed. Probably like a maniac.

He signed my book 'To Tracy. Thank you for my Exocet x'. :lol: And I asked if his daughter liked the Tish bear I gave him in Newcastle... and he remembered - "that was you!" *grins like a mong* :D .

Had a brilliant time. Great seeing everyone again! Seeing the Christmas Special on a big screen was amazing. I wish there were things like this every weekend...
ImageImageImage
Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby mamashaz » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:03 am

Thanks for all the piccies and accounts of the day everyone! Felt a bit sad on the day that I couldn't be there (I am skint). So its lovely to hear all about it :)

Shaz (so skint she's considering Ebaying some of her LoG stuff. Yes its that bad...)
mamashaz
A Local

Postby MrsBeasley » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:09 pm

mamashaz wrote:Shaz (so skint she's considering Ebaying some of her LoG stuff. Yes its that bad...)

NO!!!! it can't be that bad surely!
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby mamashaz » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:24 pm

I love the pressies you got for Pemby Tracy! :lol:

MrsBeasley wrote:
mamashaz wrote:Shaz (so skint she's considering Ebaying some of her LoG stuff. Yes its that bad...)

NO!!!! it can't be that bad surely!

Well I'm not on the breadline or anything. But I want to move Lundun! (Tubbs voice). So I need to pay off my overdraft & credit card, then save lots of money to get there. It's going to take aaaaages :?
mamashaz
A Local

Postby Beast » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Aaah! I wish I'd been there. After my argument of Saturday night could have done with it to cheer me up. Sounds like it was great so thanks for sharing your experiences everyone. I must go next time there's something like this. I must! [/Harvey]
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tracy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Yes, Beast - you must!

mamashaz wrote:I love the pressies you got for Pemby Tracy! :lol:

I think he thought the toad sweat was just plain weird, and that the huge pen was quite, erm, lewd.

Result! :lol:
ImageImageImage
Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:29 am

Papa's new wife wrote:Hmmmmmm
I only had a half enjoyable experience.
unfortunately I was sat next to people who thought that they should laugh SO loudly at everything and anything, obviously thinking The Gents would think it wonderful to hear.
When in fact they came across as mongs and quite frankly I was on the verge of telling them to kindly shut up, or feel my rings breaking their fat faces.
They even decided to laugh loudly and at the wrong points during Theatre of Blood. A film they had never seen *rolls eyes* They'd probably never even heard of it before!

We were on the front row, so you'd have thought they'd have SHUT THE F**K UP during the Q&A, but no. They talked through that. I think they were lucky Reece/Mark didn't say summat, Reece got rather annoyed at one point.
If these people read this, then you should be ashamed of yourselves. You came across as childish idiots, who give fangirls like myself a bad name. Fine if you want to giggle when you're a few rows back, so The Gents can't actually SEE or HEAR you, but they could hear you.
Well done.

I was also in the front row & I too heard talking & giggling during the Q&A ...it was embarrassing & yes very annoying... :shock: :(
Have we missed the cakes?
Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Postby a1tiptop » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:56 pm

Lovely Ellie has put up her footage of the Q&A. Yay!!! We love you Ellie!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=themodette

Reece likes DEXTER!!!! And none of you mentioned that??? :P
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:01 pm

(my face is not in this, right?! :shock: )

Sorry, I thought of you when he mentioned it, and I really meant to say cos I thought you'd go whoooooooooooo, but I forgot *is a div*
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to Royston Vasey - Press Office