Little Britain - NO TOUR SPOILERS, PLEASE!

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

life_of_holly
A Local

Post by life_of_holly » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:29 pm

*cries at the memory of cheap beer, a roaring fire and Mark Gatiss in his velvet jacket*

I wish we still did that every week... :(

That was the same night when I got weirded out because Mark Morriss said "I remember you!" :shock:

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:05 pm

life_of_holly wrote:*cries at the memory of cheap beer, a roaring fire and Mark Gatiss in his velvet jacket*

I wish we still did that every week... :(
Aw, me too! It's sad that those days of radio show fun are over. *sniffle*
That was the same night when I got weirded out because Mark Morriss said "I remember you!" :shock:
It was also the same night that you and Kirsten bought me a quadruple vodka in the hope I'd embarrassingly throw myself at David... ah, looks like things have come full circle! ;)
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

life_of_holly
A Local

Post by life_of_holly » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:24 pm

ratgirl wrote:Aw, me too! It's sad that those days of radio show fun are over. *sniffle*
It's strange because most of the time you don't realise you're having the halcyon days until you look back retrospectively, but even at the time, those nights in the Yorkshire Grey were brilliant. Ah well.... *goes to look at boring house and boring wedding instead* :roll:
It was also the same night that you and Kirsten bought me a quadruple vodka in the hope I'd embarrassingly throw myself at David... ah, looks like things have come full circle! ;)
It's a shame that I won't be at the next LB show to buy you a quadruple vodka then!! ;)

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:25 pm

ratgirl wrote:Mark noticed me, and stood back and waved his hand in a really gentlemanly gesture to go past. I ran between them silently going "aghaghjgfsghfaghfghfhjghjgk!"
I had never heard this part of the story until just now. I could just see it in my head and I laffed so much. :lol:

So... umm, Little Britain....

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:03 pm

ratgirl wrote:If I was massively into Little Britain, in the same way I'm into the Gents, I'd probably have been disappointed by the series. But since I never expect any more from it than the occasional laugh, it's fine by me!
I do love little britain well matt and david pretty much as much as I love the gents and I wasn't disappointed at all I think this new series is great and well I think everyone knows I love the live show

On a different lb note I got that new radio box set and its lovely!!! plus half price on play :D

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:16 pm

VoodooLinzi wrote:
ratgirl wrote:Mark noticed me, and stood back and waved his hand in a really gentlemanly gesture to go past. I ran between them silently going "aghaghjgfsghfaghfghfhjghjgk!"
I had never heard this part of the story until just now. I could just see it in my head and I laffed so much. :lol:
Considering that at the time both men vied for number 1 position in my Most Lusted After List, you can just imagine the thoughts going through my head being, in a way, sandwiched between them... (and my current dirty thoughts at this... ;) )

Hasn't that radio boxset got something Tony Head-y on it? I'm sure Tara was going to show me something about the DVD. Have just been re-watching some of Series 1 Little Britain, it being the only one I have on DVD and, to be honest, I think the quality of Series 3 is pretty similar. There's the same amount of sketches I love, and those that aren't that great. The only difference is the lack of bodily fluids. If they'd just bloody stop with those, then I might look a little more fondly on it all!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

life_of_holly
A Local

Post by life_of_holly » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:03 pm

I agree with what everyone's saying about LB. It's like I said after the LB show, it was hugely funny and really made me laugh out loud but I just didn't get the same sense of excitement I do about The Gents... TLOGABY wasn't as 'funny' as the LB show but it just made me grin because of everything it means to me.
I think Little Britain is a bit like Losing My Religion. To start with, it's the greatest thing you've ever heard but after a while and you've heard all those people singing it on Karaoke, or all those chavs quoting it in the pub, you just want it to go away now please. It's amazing how people can suck the joy out of things, isn't it? ;)

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:16 pm

Sarah - yep the new cd in the box set is narrated by Tony Head I think

Its actually for crimbo so all I can do is lust at the lovely box - why on earth did it have to come in cellophane?? I only want to watch the dvd and lust over david my mum can save the rest I can live without the rest!!

Anyone actually have this boxset?? apprantly theres only 8000 made which doesn't seem alot for little britain considering everything else they make sells millions!

I have said it a million times but I do think this new series is as good as the rest then again I guess I am alittle simple and don't have the ability to do anything but love what they make!!!

Seriously though I think it can last look at rock profiles there about pop stars who aren't around anymore like steps and hearsay but I still find that show laugh out loud funny

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:31 pm

I agree. But I thought last night's episode was great!!! I actually laughed quite a lot. It definitely seems better than series 2. Matt's saying of random things like the tv theme tune in one sketch (- sorry I can't remember which. D'oh. Help me out someone! -) was a reminder of all the hilarious things he would come out with as George Dawes on Shooting Stars. Peanut and Happy Birthday songs etc. So I loved that. There were lots of funny moments. Yay!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:24 pm

it was when he ate that spicy food!!

I thought last nights show was brillant AGAIN! And I love David so much for singing as Sebastian its like hes writing the character for me this series!!

Have to admit I still found mrs emery hilarious!

And Mr Mann never fails to make me laugh so happy hes still in it

Seriously I love matt and david so much they are so so talented!!!!

And I don't think there lazy at all there just making what the public want after reading their programme for the tour I think they are considering finishing it - if there stupidly long tour doesn't kill them first!

I think it can last another series and survive quite happily with christmas specials, I would love to see them return to rock profile though which is something I have heard them say they are considering so fingers crossed
Last edited by sugar_nips on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:27 pm

Oh yeah. Thanks! Yeah Sebastian was great. As was Lou and Andy with Richard and Judy. And Mr Mann. Hope all the rest's as good

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:30 pm

OMG I had forgotten about Lou and Andy that was so funny, see normally those characters can be a bit predictable but that was sketch was great - I think they can still do some interesting stuff with these characters

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:37 pm

Yes it has definitely shown potential for some more original stuff. Fingers crossed.

And David did do some more voices in this show eg that woman at the uni, Linda. The voice reminded me of a Reece one though I can't remember which one.

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:52 pm

I thought Linda was great last night definelty a laugh out loud moment!!

I did find her abit sexy though :shock: Seriously this walliams crush is getting ridiculous!

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Oh God yeah, there is a Reece voice that sounds like Linda.... Who is it??? Is it just Keith, or someone else?

I loved the 'Margaret!' sketch, and best of all - Matt did a Worzel Gummidge voice when he ate the spicy food!!
Flashbacks!
Last edited by Laura Folds Five on Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.