Weird and funny dreams...

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:27 pm

I'm getting into dream reading. I know it's all a load of bullshit really, but I find it fun.

My dreams recently have said I'm going to be really successful, but going to lose a few friends over it. The second's happened, but not the first yet! And apparently there'll be a death in my circle of friends.

I bloody well hope not :lol:

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Bex wrote:
mama lazarou wrote:Girl, I often dream about my teeth falling out. Does it have a meaning?

sx
I very, very frequently dream that my teeth are eroding & crumbling, & everytime I try to speak more of them brake away. It's utterly terrifying & when I wake up from them I'm so scared I always brush my teeth immediately, hahaha.

To be honest, I've read it's quite a common dream. Like flying, being in a car you can't control, turning up somewhere naked... All common dreams that are usually experienced at least once by everyone.
Yeah I thought it was a common one. I also regularly dream I get piercings that immediately grow out and leave big gaps and scars on me.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:53 pm

I never really get dreams but sometimes get floating around the house at waist height on my back.It is vivid!

Ok, I'm weird. I wonder if it means anything though...

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 pm

A lot of common dream iconography is based on common phyical things that are happening while you sleep. It's really interesting. There are loads of non mumbo-jumbo studies into it.
Bex wrote:
mama lazarou wrote:Girl, I often dream about my teeth falling out. Does it have a meaning?

sx
I very, very frequently dream that my teeth are eroding & crumbling, & everytime I try to speak more of them brake away. It's utterly terrifying & when I wake up from them I'm so scared I always brush my teeth immediately, hahaha.
It just means you are grinding your teeth while you sleep. Seriously, that's all there is to it. Your dentist will be able to tell. You can get a mouthguard! :) (I do this too)
To be honest, I've read it's quite a common dream. Like flying, being in a car you can't control, turning up somewhere naked... All common dreams that are usually experienced at least once by everyone.
Flying = your mind is trying to wake up but your body is still sleep-paralysed, gets confused and thinks it's weightless.

Car driving = your mind can't process logical information during sleep as your left brain doesn't fire correctly and the right brain fires too much. Therefore you cannot dial a telephone number or read a watch/clock in your sleep. Or properly operate machinery, such as a car. If you ever suffer from lucid dreaming, try the watch or telephone thing. It will freak you out.

I love this stuff.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:49 pm

I had a weird one last night.

I was sat on the sofa watching TV and the cat was sat the other end.Suddenly he mad a noise and jumped down and he had laid 2 eggs.I said to him. "You haven't done that before!" and then put them on the boiler to see if I could incubate them!

WTF!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:You want babies :D

I'm fairly confident that isn't true!!! *hopes* :lol:

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Don't you always wake up when you get to the best bits! It's so annoying!

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Owch. That hurts. I know that feeling.

There I was in a room with Tennant. His line is "There's only one bed. Looks like we're sharing *smirk"

AND THEN THE PHONE RINGS.

*cries*

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Weird and funny dreams...

Post by ChubbyTubby » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm having recurring dreams about cats! :lol: Is this an omen for spinsterdom?

It's strange. Every dream for the past couple of months has involved numerous amounts of cats. Last night I was training them to jump through firey hoops.... :shock: Well, that's quite normal considering some of my dreams, but what..... Damn cats keep invading my sleep!

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm

I had a dream that i was watching Ashes to Ashes being filmed in a warehouse. All the main actors were there holding scripts. David Tennant was reading a script when Philip Glenister arrived. He was completly in Gene Hunt mode. He grabbed Tennant by the scruff of the neck and he pushes him against a wall. He asked Tennant what he was doing here. David said that he was in the new series. Glenister was not happy and pushed him away. Tennant laughs and holds out his hand to me. I stand next to him and he puts his arm around me. Then i woke up.

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Had a very bizarre dream where I was arrested for Sugar Cube possession :shock:

BabaLazarou
Outsider

Post by BabaLazarou » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm

I had a dream last night I had tied some characters up together back to back in a circle with rope. Papa Lazarou and the Joker were two of them. Anyway, I was telling the Joker about the suitability of the other characters to play his part as the Joker.

I told him about Papa, for instance
"He - he's very dangerous!"
You can trade your gloom
For a rubber room
And injections twice a day!