I made this!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: I made this!

Post by ratgirl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Ooh, these look brilliant! I recently bought some knitting needles on a whim (and some lime green wool, for some reason), and they've since just been sitting there while I wonder how to re-learn to knit. So the Stitch and Bitch link will be very useful! What would you suggest is the simplest thing to start off with, other than a scarf? I really REALLY don't want to knit a scarf, which was where I got a bit stuck on where to start...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Soho's coat is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen! Awwwww!!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Anybody wants it, I can donate my Doctor Who Pattern Book to you! ;)

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Aw, I love the doggie coat! I was actually thinking of knitting a coat for Daisy, so maybe I'll just start with that and use it as something basic to learn all sorts of stitches on, since Daisy will never be seen out in it, she can just be happy with what she gets, heh. I have, however, also bookmarked the Dalek knitting pattern page. I love it! Once I get to a stage where I can knit ok again, I'll have a go at stuff like that, I guess. Doesn't matter if it goes wrong first time! That said, I'm now about to get the knitting needles out and relax in front of "Blackpool." Perfect!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, I got to grips with casting on, knit and purl the other day. So I now have a rectangle of purest green (I alone, among all the alchemists in the land...). I'll just have to decide what to do with it! I was quite pleased it wasn't as noisy as I thought it might be, though, so I can do it sitting in front of the telly with Stewart without annoying him. I find it hard to watch telly without having something to do, so I've decided knitting will help me relax.

Could be a while til I can start posting photos of exciting things I've made, though..!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Yay, congratulations for learning purl! I know what you mean about books and stuff. I spent ages trying to work out what was going on in some line drawings of the stitches, when it would probably have taken two seconds if watching a video. Ah well, I did quite enjoy the challenge... I've decided Sunday is my knitting day now, so I'm sure I will make much progress on my green rectangle this evening. It may even become a square...!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:57 pm

I need to take my knitting out with me, that's a good thought! It's growing raaaather slowly at the moment...

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

That's really lovely! I'm very impressed. My knitting looks rather messy in places even with just basic stitches (and every time I count the stitches, I have somehow created about 5 more and have to knit them together - doh!). I guess I just need to be patient. I've just joined the mailing list for 'Stitch London'. Wondering if knitting meetings will help me progress and actually finish something!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Wow, that's awesome! Can you believe I have STILL got no further than a small square of green material?? I'm never going to even get close to your knitting genius! :D

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Love the mittens! The Transformers hat sounds brilliant, and incredibly complicated. I wouldn't even know how to begin something like that - knitting patterns just look like gibberish to me!

I also definitely think you should make a Jayne hat. Just because. :P

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Can someone make me a wooly hat?! :D

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

I love all this making. I have not been crafty like this for a while. Good work!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Still, you made it, right?? Want to see pictures of the dance!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Ooh, love the soap-making idea! I'm lazy, and it's easier to buy stuff off Amazon than spend time on people. :P But things people have made for you mean so much more than random shit.