Henry and Ally's Video Vault II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Henry and Ally's Video Vault II

Post by Beast » Wed May 06, 2009 12:03 pm

I was supposed to go Friday and then Monday but no. :cry: Hopefully be going this week. If not I'm gonna damn well go on my own!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Sat May 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Oh my God oh my God. Oh my God.

Saw Star Trek last night. Am beyond impressed. It was just...wow. Wow. The audience actually applauded at the end. There's kind of an opening prologue, an event before the main events of the film, and I tell you what- it made me cry. I actually got upset at the start of a movie! That's never happened to me before in my entire life!

It was just wonderful. If you haven't been to see it, please go to see it now.

SPOILERS!

Things I loved:

They actually destroyed Vulcan, and didn't bring it back! Vulcan is destroyed! HOLY SH*T I don't know why that was so shocking.

A villain who wasn't, you know, the Romulan High Council or summat. It was just some dude who had everything he loved taken away from him. You could feel for him. Bana played him really well and it was good to see a villain in supposed tolerant Trek who wasn't just an ooooohh, evooolll foreigner! Nice parrellel with Spock later on in the film, too.

Scotty's little pal on the ice planet! When he said to him- you can survive on, like, a bean! Amazing that none of this came off as twee or owt. Instead his little pal - and, indeed, all the alien races in this new Trek - actually came across as alien races. Like they had their own ways and culture and stuff. Weirdly, it reminded me of the original Star Wars movies- it had that kind of visual imagination and vitality and realness.

Vulcan. Bullying. Really, this just exemplified what Abrams got right about the alien races. The vulcans bullying Spock came across as totally in line with their culture and how they should behave, it said more about the dangers of their way of life than any other Trek has ever done, and it still had that twinge of familiarity so that we as (*ahem* human) viewers could relate to it. It also set up Spock's character perfectly, for those who don't know him already.

Chekov was spot on. Everyone had a task and a role and something to do. Scotty was kind of Simon Pegg being Scotty, but I liked him just the same. Kirk was good, but really he took a back seat to some of the other characters.

Which brings me to: Zach Quinto, thou ist redeemest! Lo, I forgive thee for the lameness of current Heroes! Although it was obvious that this would be the case, his Spock rocks me like the kasbar. It was just an incredible performance- I actually thought that although Nimoy has him beat on the voice, Quinto beats Nimoy on the eyes. His eyes were Spock's eyes. The way he handled becoming a species on the verge of extinction- the way Abrams handled it- did Spock actually note that in his log WHILE ON THE BRIDGE???? Because if he did, that is AWESOME. Just such a Vulcan thing to do, but then later his eyes are so haunted and full of depth and anger and always trying to restrain it...okay I'm gushing. Because he makes my panties moist. But even so!

And then, oh Lord then...him and Uhura. I had no idea that she was going to do more than hug him after his Mum carked it! I couldn't believe my eyes when they had a bit of a snog! Also: why was that more of a shock than Vulcan being destroyed for good?? Especially when later on, she snogs him again! I glanced across at the people I was with, and they were all bug eyed too. This is REALLY new Trek. And the moments worked so well, too- tender and sad and sweet and kind of like a friend comforting another friend until...uh...it kind of started to suggest something more. I forgive Quinto for his awkward kisses with Kristen Bell because his hand on Saldana's waist and their little mini-snog was hotter and more sensuous than most actual Hollywood sex scenes.

Okay. I've rambled enough. I'm sure it's easy to guess by now that I loved this movie, and will be going to see it again on Monday.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Arghghg i'm dying to read the tiny writing.....i'm going to see star trek on wednesday and cannot wait. Everyone i've spoke to who's seen it said its awesome.
Image Image

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Mon May 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Loved it and want more.
It almost made me wish it was the pilot of a TV show, and next week I get to see episode two.
I’m increasingly intrigued by Star Trek, I must admit. I’ve heard nothing but thoroughly glowing reviews, and it’s making me increasingly curious to see it. But I don’t *want* to be curious to see it! I have issues with Star Trek, and I want to go on having them. They keep me warm at night.
Honestly VL, give it a shot. Be grumpy with Star Trek, but don't punish Quinto for his Star Trek sins! It's worth seeing it just for how he is in it, trust me.
B) Zachary Quinto is HOT in it.
Aaaay-men. We had a falling out, me and Quinto, because of that whole what the feck is Heroes doing thing. But that wasn't his fault! He can be forgiven, when he's the sexiest Vulcan EVA.

His ropey body trembling with repressed tension...those eyes like giant chocolate pits...those near kinky boots, the skin tight trousers, his skin like a delcious slice of smooth and creamy brie blargleglarglelustdroolblargle. Oh God Spock pon farr me. Pon farr me TO DEATH.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

Damn! I wish I had seen it now when we missed Wolverine. I don't think my boyfriend was interested though.

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Tue May 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Sheila, as viper said watch it for Quinto!!!! :lol:

I'd have gone to see it anyway but i'm more excited because of Zach being in it.....
Image Image

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri May 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Dunno if anyone has seen it but 'The Oxford Murders' has just arrived from ebay, which I won for the bargain price of 99p. I only really bought it cos I live i Oxford and it has Burn Gorman in it.

Anyone seen it?

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Sun May 17, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm seriously considering going to see it again i loved it that much. It was proper gripping from beginning to end.

And i too almost cried within the 1st 10 mins :lol:
Image Image

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am

Finally saw Wolverine last night. Woohoo! Yay, I liked it a lot. Ok, so why was Jimmy renamed Logan? Or is that his last name? It wasn't explained. Were they brothers in the comic? That surprised me. I had no idea. Gambit was sexy. So happy that I enjoyed it. The very end bit with Stryker seemed a bit pointless though.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Seriously, Sheila, you have to see Star Trek.I usually hate Star Trek, but I loved this. 2 hours rattled by. I actually want to see it again ASAP!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 am

Not seen it mentioned here but please please try and see In the Loop. It made me laugh like a bastard. And has some of the best swearing ever on screen - particulary good in a Scottish accent.

And Malcolm Tucker is teh awesome. Capaldi can call me a painful f***ing c**ting bawsack any day of the week. His voice is teh sexxorz. Heee.

F*cketybYE!!!!

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 pm

I went to see Coraline in 3D yesterday and it is truely wonderful! So magical and weird, if you liked nightmare before christmas corpse bride etc then this will be right up your street. I'd even say its better than nightmare....and Coraline is so adorable, and it has these sweet little scotty dogs in it too hehe! Heh i loved it!

oh and while i'm here saw this trailer the other day......its either gonna really good or really bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4K3aM5H5KM
Image Image

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat May 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Have to say it looks good. He just doesn't look like Holmes though. Although he may end up convincing me. Jude looks like he'll be good.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue May 26, 2009 10:02 am

I saw Star Trek yesterday. I enjoyed it. Bones was hot. Spock, erm...I just can't fancy Zach with hair like that! If it wasn't for the hair I would. He was excellent in the part but it's all about Sylar for me.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue May 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Plan to see 'Drag me into Hell ' next.

I think it looks quite good. Don't think it opens until 28th though..