Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Re: Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:39 am

ChubbyTubby wrote:Ive only recently been introduced to this show but it is fan-f*cking-tastic! The entire cast are magical, yet Capaldi just steals it. He is fantastic as Malcolm Tucker. It has to be one of the most subtly ingenious scripts out there (well, subtle if we aren't including Malcolm's amazing vocabulary.) Must get the Series' and In The Loop off of Amazon.
Glad to have you on efffing board.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 pm

I think that Day of the Triffids is simply the worst thing I have ever seen. If you are going to adapt something but make it so different from the source material, don't bother.Just make something else. I can't even be bothered to even watch part two.The acting was terrible and you know what? The low budget 80's version was better.It had atmosphere and even the Triffids were better. The acting was uniformally bad (even Izzard - whose character is minor in the book). It lacked umphh amd John Wyndham must be turning in his grave. Even the Howard Keel film is better and that is awful.

Shame on you BBC.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:I think that Day of the Triffids is simply the worst thing I have ever seen. If you are going to adapt something but make it so different from the source material, don't bother.Just make something else. I can't even be bothered to even watch part two.The acting was terrible and you know what? The low budget 80's version was better.It had atmosphere and even the Triffids were better. The acting was uniformally bad (even Izzard - whose character is minor in the book). It lacked umphh amd John Wyndham must be turning in his grave. Even the Howard Keel film is better and that is awful.

Shame on you BBC.
I completley agree with this. It was awful. I was really looking forward to this as well :(

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:49 pm

I disagree. I really enjoyed it. (Which has been rare this Christmas. :( ) Perhaps not having read the book helped but they updated it to make it relevant to 2009. I don't see anything wrong with that. I thought it was well done. I love most apocalyptic things though. It's the whole way the world changes and everyone has to help each other out. The ready-made family thing was a bit too predictable and unnecessary though.Plants however will never be scary. :lol: But Eddie is hot in it so you must watch Astrid.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:30 am

I quite liked it, too, and I don't fancy Eddie that much and have read the book. I liked the updates they did, and I thought they did a really good job making the Triffids more than just big silly plants.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:45 pm

I didn't mind it till about halfway through, but the second part was really dire. I can see why they wanted to change stuff, in order to deal with lots of Kurrent Ishoos and that because there is a lot of good stuff they can get in, but they then made up a load of complicated questions that they couldn't possibly answer! And when they tried to answer stuff, they came up with stupid explanations. And WHY didn't they do ANYTHING with deciphering the Triffids communication! That would have been so much more interesting than a stupid mask thing that somehow fools the plants by making people smell of Triffid poison or something.

And Eddie Izzard's character was ridiculous from the moment he woke up and taught us all how to survive a plane crash...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:45 pm

I can't deny either of those points to be honest.

Yay new dance programme about to start! :D

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 pm

After watching Adam Buxtons new comedy last week (which i thought was ok, not fantastic, but ok), i was then told to go on the iplayer and watch BBC2 (Scotland) and watch Limmy's Show, a new sketch comedy by Brian Limond. OH MY GOD, i am totally in love with it, so funny. For me it blew the socks off Adam's new comedy (sorry Buckulese, do not hate me when i see you Thursday) and i can't wait for this weeks episode (bbc2 Scotland 10pm). Its rather silly and done slightly different to most normal sketch shows. :D
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm

I was surprised who left the first week. Seemed a shame cos she was good. I don't know if it was that opening no or this week's but there was a throwing move that was astounding.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:The one I'm thinking of was the one with the circus performers. Breathtaking!

Popstar to Operastar: Meat Loaf is pissing me off. Sit, down, shut up, and stop being frigging *insane*! And stop nearly hitting a clearly horrified Laurence Llewelyn Bowen in the face with your flailing sausage fingers! :evil:
:lol: I like him. I wouldn't like it if I thought it was for show but I think he's just like that. It's nice that he's enthusiastic.

It's on a Friday and repeated Saturday day here which I very much like since I miss it on Fridays due to Big Brother!

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Have just finished re watching all 5 series of 21 Jump Street. Man I forgot how pish it got after Johnny Depp left.

Have just stuck the first disc from season 1 Buffy in the dvd player. I may not emerge for sometime.
"I don't know that I share your view"

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:i was then told to go on the iplayer and watch BBC2 (Scotland) and watch Limmy's Show, a new sketch comedy by Brian Limond. OH MY GOD, i am totally in love with it, so funny. For me it blew the socks off Adam's new comedy (sorry Buckulese, do not hate me when i see you Thursday) and i can't wait for this weeks episode (bbc2 Scotland 10pm). Its rather silly and done slightly different to most normal sketch shows. :D
I've been watching this. it is really good yeah right Glaswegian humour. Quite dark and got a different style. It actually started as podcasts called Limmy's World of Glasgow. xx

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Mad about what happened on Popstar to Operastar. Marcella should never have been in the bottom two. Marcella must win. In fact my rating of them is as follows: 1. Marcella (also, best name ever!) 2. Bernie, 3. Kim 4. Darius. The women are kicking the men's arses in my opinion.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:23 pm

mama lazarou wrote:
Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:i was then told to go on the iplayer and watch BBC2 (Scotland) and watch Limmy's Show, a new sketch comedy by Brian Limond. OH MY GOD, i am totally in love with it, so funny. For me it blew the socks off Adam's new comedy (sorry Buckulese, do not hate me when i see you Thursday) and i can't wait for this weeks episode (bbc2 Scotland 10pm). Its rather silly and done slightly different to most normal sketch shows. :D
I've been watching this. it is really good yeah right Glaswegian humour. Quite dark and got a different style. It actually started as podcasts called Limmy's World of Glasgow. xx
So i am led to believe, not heard them though. Someone is bound to stick them up somewhere though. Its pretty good, i like it :D Can't wait for episode 5 tomorrow

Tv last night, thought Rob and Abi did really well on Mr and Mrs. Hate that program but i had to watch for husband (in his apparent girly flowery shirt). Good charity they raised the cash for too
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Oh gods, you scared the ever loving sh*t out of me! I feel exactly the way you do about the order you posted, and not having seen the episode until just now, I didn't know for sure what you were mad about. I was terrified it was that our number 1 pick got voted off. When it came down to her and the other person, I about had a heart attack! :lol: Thank the gods, it didn't work out that way!

=humongous sigh of relief!=
:lol: Sorry! I did think that it might have been read dramatically and that as the rest was in tiny writing it might scare you but I didn't know how else to say it. I would have preferred Darius to go instead of Danny to be honest but Danny has been a bit rubbish the last two weeks. In his first week he blew me away. I hope this has scared the public now and they will vote for Marcella. She must win! I was a bit scared too cos Danny has loads of girlie fans being in a boy band type of thing. I was so relieved. Probably don't need to teenify anymore since anyone who is gonna watch it will have by now. And it's probably only us watching anyway!

In related news, I was mad Alistair went in So You Think You Can Dance. I don't know what it is about him but I don't rate Tommy at all, though the judges seem to. Robbie must win now. I'm not too bothered about the girls tbh.