Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Annoying Things II

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu May 10, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't know if you remember but I said a while back that we were having to have a new online menu planning system at work, which would allow for the whole company to have identical food and deliver the GDA for a dish? Well, I had a preview of it today and it's awful. It literally tells you what sauce in what jar to buy and to add to meat. Everything is bought in done. :( I know it sounds silly but I'm SO upset about this. I didn't spend 3 years classical french cookery training and 20 years experience to be busted down to the level of a trained monkey.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:That doesn't sound the least bit silly! What a waste of skill and experience! Not only that, but precooked is rarely healthier and often more expensive in the long run. This is a sad truth we are only starting to really discover in the US. Your company is starting down a well-traveled and very sneakily perilous path. It actually makes my heart sink to think that while so many are campaigning so hard to move forward toward real, healthy food, some are working just as hard to go backward. :(

Trouble is, we're a big company and money, profit, gimmicks, branding and corporate awards rule. I've said before, cooking now occupies 10% of my day. Discovered today my title has changed.I'm now longer a Chef Manager, I'm the Food Services Manager now.It feels me with sadness that I used to plan all menus, which I will still do, but will be told how to cook it and won't be allowed to put dishes that I've made up, that my customers quite like. We even have to make salad to a recipe. I feel creatively held back, demoralized and that every bit of pleasure has been wrung out of the job. By far the most pleasurable thing is/was coming up with new creations and experimenting. So if there's a dish I do and it's not in the recipe pool,I can't do it.

More than anything else, I feel insulted, de-skilled and worthless. I'm not good at much, but I'm good at my job and even that's being taken away from me. :(

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Not annoying, just sad. I have no lost my other nan. She passed away yesterday, 5 months after losing my other nan a week before Christmas. I am so glad i managed to go see her 3 weeks ago. Horrible thing was, after i got home from seeing her, she had been admitted into A&E and has been looked after until yesterday. I also lost my great uncle who's funeral i went to earlier this week too.
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 pm

So sorry to hear this Chez, thinking of you :( *hugs*

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm

thanks hun x
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Right.New online menu planning system has kicked in.Bear in mind if it's not on there I not allowed to do it do it.

No Fruit Cake- They love fruit Cake.
No Mixed Grill.
No Gammon Steak with Pineapple (only Egg)
No Balti Curry at all.
No Korma Curry at all.
No Pie you can make. All bought in.
Recipe for Braised Beef is using diced beef. WTF?! Everyone knows you use Steak or Sliced Chuck.
All soup powdered.

I'm just not interested in serving up rubbish. :(

Maybe I should just slop it out and take the money.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Think my friend is wearing a very similar dress to the one I'm wearing to the wedding we're going to! She absolutely loves it but I love mine and don't really want to have to buy a new one. D'oh! We'll be together all the time too. Nevermind hey? Maybe we can stand apart for any photographs. :?
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am

The styles are different thankfully but they are both black lace over cream so there's not much disguising that. Ah, well.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 am

I will slay any spider bastard who comes near me and my kind. Or throw them outs the window with the aid of a glass and cardboard. I had flatmates wake me at 2am for spider removal duties. They nasty beasties. Thankfully British ones are harmless.

What a horrid shock for you, kiddo. *soothes*

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:40 pm

I myself had a massive one in the bath the other day. I was shielding my eyes because I couldn't bear to look at it. I wonder why they seem to be more around now rather than when it was a little warmer. Also why do so many people have arachnophobia? I wonder if it is because due to their nature of getting anywhere it is quite common to be attacked by them when a baby. I have a vague memory of being in my pram and one being in it with me but in many ways I think I may have made that up. Most of my very young memories seem to come from photos so I assume I am just matching photos with imaginary incidents somehow. :?

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:14 pm

This board keeps me in touch with all things female! :shock:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 am

Just explain to the doctor your fear about putting on weight. He will try you on something and if you have bad reactions he'll just give you a different one til you find one that works. I went on the pill for a couple of years and even though I've been off it a couple of years, my pain is still much less than before I went on so I highly recommend it. I don't think you really have a choice. You can't live like that. Let us know how you get on. x

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Oops. Yes, first step register then get sorted. You'll be so much better off. P.s. Don't smoke!!!!!!!!! :)

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 pm

:D Good stuff. Yeah, I did the writing down thing when I was having all my symptoms as I didn't want to miss anything out because for some reason, doctors are really scary!

Annoying - having a flea infestation when the cat you looked after has been gone over a month! Flea life cycle must be quite long! Or I've had them for ages and not noticed. But I'm very observant so I dunno. Horrible.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:23 am

I can feel them on me. Got in the shower last night and there was one stuck to my knee sucking the life out of me. Haha. I had cats from aged 11 or something but I don't remember this! Also, am a bit mad that my friend didn't treat her cat before sending her off to live somewhere else. Unless she did and it didn't work/wore off or something.