A selection of Meats

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

To meet or not to meet?

The League on tour - hop on the bus
57%
Never been to a meet - Interested in visiting Hadders and a new dress please
19%
Never been to a meet - So not bothered, not bothered where we go.
24%
Die Hard Hadders fan - there's no place like home
No votes

Total votes: 21

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Re: A selection of Meats

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

hiya!
Wasn't sure where the best place was to put this as i know you're talking about your edinborugh meet up but besides that fabulous sounding weekend, was wondering if any londoners were up for a meet up in the next few weeks? Am back from hols and would love to finally meet some of you and be able to talk about all the good things we have in common that I haven't really found in others yet (one girl I met said 'ewww the league of gentlemen, they're so boring and old' STFU!!!) hahahahah

anyway besides uhm early feb when i'll be in Paris would love to meet up for a drink or something on the weekend! :D :D

fingers crossed!

x
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 am

That'd be great! I could use a few pints of Man in the Box or somesuch. Any preference when? I think I'm busy a couple of Sundays, but am pretty much free every Saturday evening for the forseeable future!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah, let me know when.I can't see a problem as I have a very nearly empty social dairy at the moment!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Want to do next Sat? Otherwise, when are you back from Paris in Feb, Amy? Is Sat 13th any good?
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Hallo.

I think coming through and getting steaming on thr Friday night should be doable. Then just go back to Glesga on the Saturday. :)

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:42 pm

ratgirl wrote:Want to do next Sat? Otherwise, when are you back from Paris in Feb, Amy? Is Sat 13th any good?
I'm going to Paris this weekend from the 30th - 2nd, but next weekend, Sat the 6th i'm free if thats a good night? am happy to meet anywhere, especially oop narth in London as i've barely been above King's Cross since i've been here! hehehe

also what night were u all going to Jeremy's play again? I might join you all that night as well if there are still tix available!

i'll check back here regularly, also my mobile is deleted by moderator :)

see you soon! :D
Image Image

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:16 am

oooh i didn't think of that!

damn i can't see the edit button either! sorry to be a bother mods, could you just star it for me?!

cheers!

and thanks astrid :)
Image Image

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 pm

mama lazarou wrote:I think coming through and getting steaming on thr Friday night should be doable. Then just go back to Glesga on the Saturday. :)
Brilliant! It'll be great to see you! And yay to astrid getting Friday off work. Only two months to go now...!

TMPT, will PM you my mobile number. Just checked my diary and I can't do Sat 6th Feb I'm afraid. Anything after that is good though. How about 13th Feb? Central is probably easiest as if we looked for somewhere in North London it'd take Katie ages to get there from work. It's also where all the cheap pubs are. ;) Alternatively, I suppose Angel and Camden Town are both north of King's Cross and easy to get to?

We're going to see Jezza's play on Monday 8th March. There's also an In Conversation With thingy with him on that evening, starting at 6 if you can get there that early (it's only an extra £3!). We're sitting in the front row, which when you look online is Row C - there's a seat free at either end at the moment (the ones with the exclamation marks on) - if you book there you should be next to us (if you're coming with someone you could book both ends and we could work out the seating arrangements with our seats).

There's still plenty of seats elsewhere, but the front row is cheaper than the seats behind it for some reason so good to book. :D

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

13th of Feb is fine! :)

I will look into Jeremy tickets ecept i'm a bit wary
'WARNING
Please be advised that Ghost Stories contains moments of extreme shock and tension.The show is unsuitable for anyone under the age of 16. We strongly advise those of a nervous disposition to think very seriously before attending. '

I don't like ghost stories! I might wee my pants! hahahaha but it sounds interesting! Will definately try and book same night as you guys.

Oh i PMed you back as well :)
Image Image

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I can't do the 13th I'm afraid, I can do any other date after that, but don't change it on my account, I can catch you all at a later date no trouble.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I can do 20th or 27th.

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:31 pm

I can do either 20th or 27th Feb. Or Sun 14 Feb if that helps, so Katie doesn't have to come straight from work?

I've just discovered there's THIRTEEN Sam Smiths pubs in London I've never been to!! :o

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

ratgirl wrote:I can do either 20th or 27th Feb. Or Sun 14 Feb if that helps, so Katie doesn't have to come straight from work?

I've just discovered there's THIRTEEN Sam Smiths pubs in London I've never been to!! :o
Shall a group of us do a Sam Smith's pub crawl one day? I love those pubs!!

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm free on the 14th if we want to do a lunch/lazy afternoon?? im happy for that!

If not, im not free on the 20th, i'll be in Bath, but 27th is good, but would be good to catch up before then?! :D

and am happy to go anywhere, show me lundun!!! :D

What are Sam Smith pubs? I've gone to a few O'Reilly ones due to a friend working at one and getting free meal tickets! hahaha
Image Image

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm

I should have said I can't do the whole of the weekend of the 13/14th sorry.

I am quite happy for you guys to do that day and I can catch up with you on another date, please don't arrange round me!