This is Mah House

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:21 am

Ooh good thread! I'll have to do the same when I'm less bleary-eyed and ill! PNW- I like the big pic of the League by Clit Clink very much :)

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:53 am

Right, this feels slightly odd... giving a virtual tour around my room. Here’s the hovel that I live in… as you can see, not THAT much Gent stuff on the walls. I mainly have signed stuff dotted around the room, although I do have the massive Tubbs and Ed poster in the corner and a little Apocalypse one next to it. My walls are slightly covered in Manics posters (look Sarah, the one you sent me has prime spot on the wall above my bed) and other pretty men (James Dean, Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, Josh Hartnett etc) … and mah bed, which is the best thing ever. :D

Here is where I am usually sitting when on the computer chatting away to you lot... on the floor, surrounded by crap. Typical art student/geek bedroom – books and shit on the floor, huge photo collage boards, a painting that I need to complete this week (eeeek!) and you can kinda see all mah CDs and stuff on the shelves behind. The shevles actually go up to the ceiling and are crammed with books and DVDs but you can't see that in the picture.

And finally, here is the only Genty stuff on my walls – I have a signed thing from the NFT preview, an Apocalypse beermat, tickets from various Gent events, my signed Hitler-Reece, and the newest addition – a signed cardboard cut out (which TGU gave me and Sarah got signed for me – thanks darlings!) :D

All mah other Gent stuff is on my shelves or in folders somewhere. I like hoarding things, as you can see from the state of the shelves. :lol: And my room isn’t as pink as it appears in the pictures, although it is pretty bright. :)

Yeah... so that's me. Everyone else post, I LOVE being nosy about other peoples houses and stuff. PNW - your bedroom is so cool. It was lovely to see Papa again, heh.

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:30 am

Great thread (wonder where you got the idea :wink: ). I will have to take some better pics before I add anything here. My house decor is so much more boring and 'grown up' than those shown so far... though I have one room where I have lots of precious things; will make sure I come back and reveal all :D .
ImageImageImage

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:34 am

I could post my house up but i really haven't any posters up, cos i'm meant to be all grown up lol....that and my boyfriend won't let me! shall i post them anyway?

And those pictures Bex drew are amazing.... :D
Image Image

Cay
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Cay » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:08 am

Here's my boring room.

All my agility winnings from this year :D .

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:37 am

This thread is great cause I'm nosey!!

Linzi your rooms so pretty :D

I'll post some pics when I finally get some new batteries for my camera and I'll have to make sure I have my black reece sheets on!

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:10 pm

Linzi i love your room!

I'll post pics of mine up when i get my camera working :shock:
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:15 pm

I've got a couple of pictures of my room on the computer I have at Uni, so once I'm back in Preston I'll post them up. Like Linzi's, it's a typical arty/geeky fest.
Actually, our rooms are kinda similar except for where yours are pink, mine is blue. :D
Image Image

Damali
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Damali » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:16 pm

Bwhaha jsut notices, PNW, I have the same desktop background as you! God Reeceis scrummy in that pic. My bedroom's quite borin- apart from the odd few pictures of Reece :lol:
Image Image Image

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:50 pm

Very nice PNW, Linzi (i want your Manics poster) and Cay

Here is my room where my computer is:
Lovely black and white photos of Tubbs and Edward from the first live tour back in 2001. Won that off ebay for a fiver, bargin!! Just the side of the computer which isn't visible is a tumble drier, a collage of me with a few different celebs (matt and david, bill bailey, ross noble and simon pegg and brian mcfadden bu thats not for here)
Sorry about the ladder but thats always in here with me *realises i never took a pic of my piece of wood hiding behind the ladder* erm yeah on the wall just there behind my chair is me with the Gents at the NFT.
Right my bedroom now:
lovely gents poster and a David Tennant DW one just above my Libertines Calender. Also one of the first Ross Noble posters. Thast the Unrealtime one.
ignore the girly childish covers on my bed but theyb are one of my faves. The pic of Reece just above my lamp is the ART one and has been on my wall since i got into series 3, so just over 3 years now. Never taken it down once so far. Also the lovely Golden Gangster had to go there as well by my bed. Not quite visible but on that funny bit of wall sticking out there is the pic of Mark with his top hat and cane, and just above that it my Noodlemeister poster. The England flag i found in Southampton when i went and saw England play last year. (out of shot is my Shaun of the Dead poster and my Slackers Playtime Ross Noble) poster)
Opposite my bed now another Ross noble (Sonic waffle), a papa poster (a must have obviously) and a DW poster of Chris Ecclestone and Billie Piper. Also my lovely telly with dvd player, though i kind of wish i got one with video as well now.
my junk and cd collection (thats not all my collection though the rest are in my little cupboard)
Mother can keep threatening to chuck it out, but i have made it handy for putting things in the holes hee hee! Also my LOGA stand thing which i nicked from the Live Commentary is there too
my dvd and rest of my cd collection (those are where the cd's i never listen to or are just plan sad now, go)
ImageImage
my LOG draw and Little Britain/ anything else special draw. Both now almost full to the brim

And thats my room pretty much
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:52 pm

Bex wrote:Like Linzi's, it's a typical arty/geeky fest. :D
It's the way forward, my dear. ;)

Thanks for your lovely words gals, I loooove my bedroom so much and it took me ages to decorate and get looking pretty so hearing your opinions makes me happy. :D

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:59 pm

Oooooh. *peers nosily around and rifles through DVD collections*

Voodoolinzi- is you room as pyschedelic as it looks? It's amazing! It's like you live in the middle of a giant blob of candy floss!

Cay, your room should be in Homes and Gardens magazine. How do you keep it so tidy? The bed looks like a professional bed maker made it.

My own bedroom is simultaneously more boring than Voodoolinzi's, and less tidy than Cay's. Since I'm so cr*p at posting pictures, I'll just describe mine- that bookshelf of PNW's, filled with DVDs? I have four that size lining one wall, a further two lining the other, the fourth wall has my wardrobe and the fifth is covered with my heroes and heroines.

I am a firm believer in the idea that you are never too old to cover your walls with pictures. Therefore I spent ages tracking down pics of Billy Zane in Demon Knight, Beetlejuice, just the right picture of Sigourney, Dorothy from Return to Oz peering through the metal gate, Margaret Atwood, Dorothy Parker, The Cohen, Krycek, my mum in a little boy's Superman outfit, Corporal Hicks, Remus Lupin, Bernice, etc.

And then my maps of Meridian, Winter's Brook and Everwinter, to make me seem like, you know, a "proper" writer. And not just a twenty five year old who still puts pictures on her walls. Hubbie is soooo understanding.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:03 pm

Viper wrote:Voodoolinzi- is you room as pyschedelic as it looks It's amazing! It's like you live in the middle of a giant blob of candy floss!
Heheh, I like that description. Yeah, it is pretty psychedelic. It looks really bright pink in those pictures though because I took them at night and had pink and purple lamps on!
I am a firm believer in the idea that you are never too old to cover your walls with pictures. Therefore I spent ages tracking down pics of Billy Zane in Demon Knight, Beetlejuice, just the right picture of Sigourney, Dorothy from Return to Oz peering through the metal gate, Margaret Atwood, Dorothy Parker, The Cohen, Krycek, my mum in a little boy's Superman outfit, Corporal Hicks, Remus Lupin, Bernice, etc.
Oooh, please post pics Ms Viper, I wanna see! I'm so nosy, more people need to post pics! :D

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:07 pm

I will try! I have a digital camera, but I simply am unable to post pics to a forum. I'm certain, however, that my bedroom is much less interesting than living inside candyfloss.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:13 pm

I'm actually going to change my location to Big Blob of Candyfloss. It's much more interesting than somewhere boring.... :D