Tattoos/Piercings

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Would you ever get a tattoo?

Yes
45%
No
30%
I already have one
24%

Total votes: 33

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Tattoos/Piercings

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 pm

That looks ace! So, whereabouts would you have it? On your back to start off your themed tattooes?

I really want another history of medicine tattoo (not that I'm obsessed) of a dissection engraving on my shoulder that actually shows the skin being peeled away and what's underneath... the only problem is finding the perfect image that's actually a historical engraving!Bah.
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Very nice Katie! :D

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:42 pm

It's very beautiful and unique; it suits you too :) May I ask if there's a meaning? Not that there needs to be; most of the tattoos I have planned don't have one.

I'm very tempted, and have been for some months, to have a pin up done. It's a matter of money though... :(

You'd look great with the ones you've got planned; make sure there's moar photos when you get them done :D And you *are* brave for sitting out the pain! But I'm a sissy so maybe it's not actually that bad...

BabaLazarou
Outsider

Post by BabaLazarou » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 pm

I have been considering piercings for a while (upper ear and maybe eyebrow?), but still not sure.
You can trade your gloom
For a rubber room
And injections twice a day!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm

It depends how long you have the piercing in for regarding healing. I only ever wear one pair of earrings these days, and have done for years, but none of the other holes have ever closed up. And I have a friend who had her eyebrow pierced as a teenager and still has a scar through her eyebrow 10 years later. I think that's probably a matter of wearing stuff for years, though. If you try it and don't like it in a matter of weeks or months it'll heal quickly, I imagine. I did my upper ear myself a good number of years ago, and that was quite quick and simple.
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Yee-owch! Infection sounds terrifying! I find, actually, that although the holes in my ears have never healed up properly, I can't wear cheap crap earrings in them anymore, only silver ones. I guess I'd have to wear them for a bit to start the whole process off again or something...

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Really enjoyed the Derby convention, it seemed very chilled out. I thought it would feel really weird getting my tattoo done in front of people, but actually I barely noticed them walking past. Might have done if it had been as crowded as Edinburgh was though! I started planning my next tattoo as well - got all inspired by a tattoo someone else on the stand had.

Probably most people have seen it on Facebook, but here's my tattoo. It's on my left thigh. I love it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 am

My tattoo was done by Greg from Cock a Snook in Newcastle. I really liked their stuff when I saw it in Edinburgh (I like all the artists judging by their facebook), but thought it was so far away there was no point thinking about it. So got very excited when they were on the list for Derby!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cock- ... 4808245776

I would say exactly the same as Kate about tattoos. I too was worried about my first one, but I have to say that over the years I've actually got MORE annoyed that my tattoos are too hidden (I know this is mostly my own fault for generally covering every part of my body except my hands and face! :lol: ).