Tattoos/Piercings

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Would you ever get a tattoo?

Yes
45%
No
30%
I already have one
24%

Total votes: 33

Radio Suicide

Tattoos/Piercings

Post by Radio Suicide » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Does anyone have any? I hope to eventually get a tattoo, but I'll wait a while until I have better life experiences, and see whether I still want one. I have various piercings, including:

2x 8mm flesh tunnels
1x 4mm flesh tunnel
3x normal ear piercings
nose
tongue

If you have any interesting tats or piercings please post piccies!

Or if you have had any bad experiences, e.g. tattoo that went horribly wrong, infected piercing etc.

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Ooh, new thread!

I have two holes in each ear, and a navel piercing that I love. I want a couple more in my ears, and possibly my nose, but that's all.

I'm getting a tattoo sometime in the next year, hopefully... I've done a couple of designs already, but I'm planning to wait and make sure that it's something I really want before I get it done.

Piercings that go manky? Well, anyone with a belly-button piercing will tell you that the first few months are disgusting... while it heals. :? Mine wasn't too bad though.

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:38 pm

I have my ears pierced just the once but i used to have my nose pierced about 10 years ago but got bored of it.
I have 4 tattoos.......a flower and a butterfly on my shoulder blade, which i got done when i was 16. Japanese writing on the base of my spine that means friend apparently hehe! And a star on the inside of my wrist which my favourite tattoo, but hurt the most.

Image Image

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:52 pm

Ooh, good timing! I was just finalising the design for another tattoo, since I've decided I may go and get it next week. Have wanted for ages a pic of the Uffington White Horse (only in black) on my back (left shoulder blade-ish), as I really love the design. But I tend to spend several years mulling over tattoos. What do you think?

Currently I just have the one tattoo, which I've had 5 years and still love to bits. It's ivy going all the way round my right arm, like so (apologies for my drunken mong-face):

"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:34 pm

Thumbs up from me, Sarah! It's a lovely design. :)

Radio Suicide

Post by Radio Suicide » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:24 pm

Thats a wicked design! I want something that means something to me, but Im a crap drawer so I'd probably just get something that looked nice and say it meant something :P

A guy I know has some weird tats, he has a bumble bee (something to do with a song his mum used to sing when he was little) and a duck (they used to go and feed ducks together) as well as a stereo, microphone and others all making up half a sleeve. It all looks very bright, take a look for yourself...

Meaning vs. Looks good?

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:52 pm

Piercings - Scaffold on right ear, lip, tongue & I did have bellybutton but I took that out a few months ago.

As for tattoos... Have been mulling over them for effing ages. The only thing that has ever been conrete during that entire time is that I want the words "Better thank your lucky stars" somewhere. I've come up with infinate designs, but nothing definate.
Image Image

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:17 am

I would love to get a tattoo done, but I am scared of needles so I would need extra courage to get it done. My flat mate at uni had a wonderful tattoo on her foot, of leafy twine, in lines where the thong of a flip flop would go (if that makes sense). It was really classy. Wouldn't mind something like that.
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:16 am

I have a tendency to think for many years about tattoos before I actually get one. The horse design has actually been an idea since I was about 9 (yes, really!), because one of my favourite books at the time was about the creation of the horse itself, and I loved the design and the ideas behind it in the book. I guess if you think for ages you're more likely to love it when you get it!

The one problem I have is where to actually get it *done*. Does anyone know any good tattoo artists in North London? Am a bit suspicious of all the places in Camden, and if I can't find anywhere recommended I guess I'll just go back to the little place in Walthamstow where I got my other one done, since everyone always marvels about how the colour's still so bright after 5 years.

My housemate wanted to get a tattoo of a line of music from her favourite song across her lower back, but then Robbie Williams did it so she went off the idea. Plus we all took the piss about her having "It's windy there but the view's so nice" above her arse. :P
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:31 am

This girl I worked with in Southampton had the most gorgeous tattoo on her back - angel wings across her shoulder blades. Sounds cheesy but it looked unbelievably sexy and goth. She also had her name in wiccan down one leg, and that looked great too. She was so brave!!
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:53 pm

Honestly, tattoos really don't hurt! It's actually more painful to get your ear pierced at the top. A tattoo is more like a slightly irritating scratching, which gets kind of enjoyable as you get used to it. *ahem*

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:56 pm

I've had my ear pierced at the top so maybe I could go through with it. I do worry that I'll regret it when I'm older, but I was thinking of having something done on my back, so I suppose if I did regret it I wouldn't actually have to see it.
ImageImage

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:20 pm

I was going to have a tattoo for my 16th birthday but my mum told me i could go to Glasto instead, but then i had an exam on that day so i didnt get that either. I forgot about the tattoo and got an iPod.
I hope i can get one soon though.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:21 pm

I've wanted a chest-piece tattoo for about two years now, but I'm still too unsure about a final design to get it done.

This was the latest idea - design

You have to imagine a mirror image of the same thing on the left, so it would be kind of like a 'W' shape, & would fit just beneath the collar bone.

One of the big stars on the joint of the wing would be pink, & the other would be brown, which is a bit of an in-joke with my two best friends. The wings are filled with a morning sky, because I was born early in the morning in the summer, & the box-things next to each other would be dice. One with two dots, the other with three, because I was born on the 23rd. Then the scroll at the bottom would read "better thank your lucky stars".

:)
Image Image

Radio Suicide

Post by Radio Suicide » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:35 pm

If I were to ever get a tattoo, I'd probably go to this guy in Chorlton, apparently he is the one that tattoos "love" and "hate" on Bernices knuckles!

I was thinking the other day, I don't really want a tattoo that is that visible, imagine on your wedding day walking down the isle, all in white, but then tattoos all over! It would be quite strange!

I love the idea of chestpiece tattoos, they look so beautiful on people, Bex that tat would look lovely :)

The only problem for me is, I change my mind and my style a hell of a lot, so if I got a tattoo I'd probably get bored of it straight away!