A Victorian Christmas in London (Locations Meet)

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby ratgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:35 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:No need to be suspicious.

Linzi is just dirty, that's all................ hee heeeeee.

Must get my arse in gear and put photos up.

Ahaha! You are just as wrong as Linzi! :P

And here is Kate in Winterbornes. Which will mean nothing to anyone who wasn't there... (but don't let us stop you re-watching the videos to try and work out what we're referring to... .;) )

More random memories from the weekend:

Taking the piss out of Mark's Bella Pok accent. Bex in the operating theatre - "How ghoulish!" Me in bizarre positions on the sofa - "Charlie's very flexible!" "She's deformed like I was!" WALL OF MONG! "Why is that lady wearing a bustle?" "I'm going to tell my grandchildren about this when I get home!" People at work thinking I'd actually cut my hair off. Kate stopping cars with her cane. "For a shilling I'll swallow, sir!" Bex getting a REAL buttonhole in the pub. "We are your husbands, and we've come into your... *ahem*" ;) Gail looking terrified at our husband discussion. Jiffy bags full of leaves. "I'm having imaginary tenting!" Waking up with muscles hurting from laughing as if I'd done twelfty million sit ups... The best weekend EVER!!! Love you all! :D

Oh, and here's a couple of pictures from Sunday:

Kate goes all Matrix on us.

Kate and Tracy fight like girls. :P
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tender_Lumpling » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:52 pm

Brilliant photos! I love all your costumes, and that programme is very good indeed! :)

I saw a lonely mitten in town the other day. It was a tiny one though. Maybe Anne really had a baby. :shock:
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"
Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:00 am

Just a couple more comments...

Adam, why didn't you come along? You should have!! :P

Tinkerbell, London is very much not scary. I promise!

Amy, I will happily be your tour guide if you ever get over here to do the tour... :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:09 am

Fab photos.
Oh cant wait til the next meet. Had so much fun last time!

Are there more photos to come?
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tinkerbell2 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:19 am

ratgirl wrote:Tinkerbell, London is very much not scary. I promise!

Just a big baby aren't I :roll: (must grow up!)

You all look like you had a FAB time, I'm so jealous, me and my mates don't do anything like that!
Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:24 am

Tinkerbell2 wrote:You all look like you had a FAB time, I'm so jealous, me and my mates don't do anything like that!

Haha, I just love the fact that for the first time ever I work in a place where they are excited that I am a mentalist, and people who aren't working come in especially to take photos!! Have been pestering them today for the pictures... Plus the ones of me unscrewing the skeleton case like the most mental bodysnatcher around! *giggles* Oh, and today we took some good photos of me doing a Wild West Shoot-Out with a drill. Heheh. :D

I totally understand you being nervous having never been to London, Tink, but just go with a friend, and even if they've never been before, it'll be less scary with the two of you. The tube is the easiest transport system in the country, which makes London less scary than visiting other cities you've never been to. It really won't take long before you feel like an old hand at it! (back me up, Bex - currently living in the Big Smoke...! ;) )

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:26 am

All the pictures are great that have been so far.

I will have to try and do the Spaced pub some time in the New Year.

Hee hee wonder what late night conversation we could end up randomly having on Friday ;)
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:29 am

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:I will have to try and do the Spaced pub some time in the New Year.

'Tis a lovely pub. I think someone asked where it was? It's in Salusbury Road, Queen's Park - which is the road Queen's Park station is on, so pretty easy to get to. I like it. Will happily go back there again if you want some company, Chez! If we go at a quieter time, maybe we can do more posing... :D

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:34 am

Sounds cool. Yeah i'll bare that in mind, but at the minute with christmas round the corner i really should concentrate, after Friday, on finishing off christmas shopping.

New Year sometime i'll come up and we can do spaced poses *dances about*
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby VoodooLinzi » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:25 am

ratgirl wrote:Ahaha! You are just as wrong as Linzi! :P

Indeed!! I'm the one that is going to end up with a weird reputation, seeing as all cryptic references seem to be about me! Kate... is there anything you would like me to share with the rest of the group? ;)

"For a shilling I'll swallow, sir!"

Here's the photo that goes with that quote:

Waking up with muscles hurting from laughing as if I'd done twelfty million sit ups... The best weekend EVER!!! Love you all! :D

Me too! I still hurt a bit. All of the random bits you just posted made me laugh. Another random thing was when we found a chair on wheels (a wheelchair, you might say...) and all started shouting TIMMMMAAY! :lol:
VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Herr_Lipp\'s_Lover » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:29 pm

ratgirl wrote:Just a couple more comments...

Adam, why didn't you come along? You should have!! :P

I knerrrr, I should have done! Probably best I didn't though, as I was in a foul mood on Saturday. I'm better now! :D
Herr_Lipp\'s_Lover

Postby life_of_holly » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:22 pm

You all look SUPER cool............ Tara was only a little bit right about me probably fancying the ones dressed as boys. *makes eyes at Bex*

Wish I could've been there. Suppose I should be grateful that I wasn't sat in cursing the fact that I couldn't afford to go, and managed a free trip to Sheffield instead, but am still gutted. Can't believe you all had so much fun without me!! :shock:

:wink:

Looking forward to laughing until I pee the next time I see you guys. Did you go and look at the Isaac Greatorex picture in the National Portrait Gallery?? You probably would've been chucked out for giggling though. :twisted:
life_of_holly
A Local

Postby mamashaz » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:27 pm

Hello all :D

Had an absolutely fantastic weekend! All the outfits were wonderful and everyone was really into it. Yay! People who love dressing up as much as me *claps hands*

Shame I fell asleep towards the end and missed a lot of the debauchery. I have see the photos though... ;)

It as great to see you all again. Can't wait for the next one! *big hugs to all*
mamashaz
A Local

Postby astrid » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:37 pm

Great photos ladies keep them coming! :D

I want a Victorian day up here! :D
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:39 pm

astrid wrote:Great photos ladies keep them coming! :D

I want a Victorian day up here! :D

Me too!

Feck it, I'm just going to pop on a bustle and a corset and sit by my lonesome in my cozy little living room. :(

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat