They can't stop theatre!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: They can't stop theatre!

Post by ratgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Ooh, would be interested to hear about it! I haven't seen it, but have been meaning to get around to it for ages. It was so booked out when it first came on that I kind of forgot...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:50 pm

ratgirl wrote:Ooh, would be interested to hear about it! I haven't seen it, but have been meaning to get around to it for ages. It was so booked out when it first came on that I kind of forgot...

Oh Sarah, it was fantastic (better as it was a birthday gift). I nearly laughed myself to death! It's so outrageous! You'll never look at a frog again the same! Really great songs, fantastic cast and actually really feel good. I'm going to buy the soundtrack asap and would seriously go again.

The night before we went to see The 39 steps and that was excellent too. You can see why it's been showered with awards.

I'd urge you all to see both if possible. I've decided I just don't see enough theatre..

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:14 pm

I've hardly been to any theatre for ages! I guess we went through a phase of going to things and I haven't been to much since. Will make an effort for Mormon, though. Maybe my next birthday... ;)

I've never been quite sure about the 39 Steps, as I love the book and the Hitchcock film (both very different, of course).
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 pm

I've been to see a few great plays this year. Daniel kitson and Tim Key in Tree was very good at the old vic. Also saw John Hannah in the titanic orchestra and Jeffrey Holland in and this is my friend Laurel. Also, finally got around to seeing Jersey Boys and Rocky Horror.