They can't stop theatre!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: They can't stop theatre!

Postby Beast » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 am

Only if you guys go to be honest.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Will liaise with Katie, and let you know if we do decide to... :)
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Allllllllllllllllllllrighty then.

By promising to work a Sunday in August I have got the promise of a Saturday off in September. Not the first one though.

So if anyone wants to come, let's set a date so we can see what tickets are left and travel, sleeping etc...
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm off to burn Megabus... Want to join me?? :evil:
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 pm

God yes I am SO there *picks up burning torch*

Everyone be careful when trying to book tickets on Megabus/train. The fu cktards take your money then the website spazzes and you don't get the tickets. Then they ignore any pleading emails and laugh.
I aint phoning the stupid price number either so burning it is.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 pm

When you phone they don't answer anyway. I still haven't heard anything back - imagine you haven't either? :(

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:27 pm

I'm seeing The Book of Morman next week as a birthday gift by some friends. Anyone here seen it and if they have what did they think?
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Ooh, would be interested to hear about it! I haven't seen it, but have been meaning to get around to it for ages. It was so booked out when it first came on that I kind of forgot...

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:50 pm

ratgirl wrote:Ooh, would be interested to hear about it! I haven't seen it, but have been meaning to get around to it for ages. It was so booked out when it first came on that I kind of forgot...

Oh Sarah, it was fantastic (better as it was a birthday gift). I nearly laughed myself to death! It's so outrageous! You'll never look at a frog again the same! Really great songs, fantastic cast and actually really feel good. I'm going to buy the soundtrack asap and would seriously go again.

The night before we went to see The 39 steps and that was excellent too. You can see why it's been showered with awards.

I'd urge you all to see both if possible. I've decided I just don't see enough theatre..
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:14 pm

I've hardly been to any theatre for ages! I guess we went through a phase of going to things and I haven't been to much since. Will make an effort for Mormon, though. Maybe my next birthday... ;)

I've never been quite sure about the 39 Steps, as I love the book and the Hitchcock film (both very different, of course).

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 pm

I've been to see a few great plays this year. Daniel kitson and Tim Key in Tree was very good at the old vic. Also saw John Hannah in the titanic orchestra and Jeffrey Holland in and this is my friend Laurel. Also, finally got around to seeing Jersey Boys and Rocky Horror.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Previous

Return to General Chat