www.lofg.com the nicest forum i know

Post your comments and ideas here about the website or forums.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:23 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:
*coughs* According to Bex? *coughs* Who watched that cos they fancied someone in it? :wink:

Sefi x
Oh yeah the dark haired one off Teachers. And Jessica thingy off Spaced. And Cameron Diaz. And etc etc etc.

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:08 pm

That killed that then.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH etc

Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tender_Lumpling » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:32 am

Sounds like a weird B movie. Invasion of the Perving Girlies

*watches tumbleweed*
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:29 pm

If I was bothered *really* I wouldn't bother coming here. It makes a change from the posturing testosterone of other places frankly.

Kino
Local Shop Owner!
Location: In Robot Hell, tormenting the damned with my up-tempo singing and dancing

Post by Kino » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:38 pm

No it's kind of similar for me, I've been on alot of game forums and anime forums and such, and it's always very fangirly, even if there aren't that many female users. Perhaps I've just not ben on the right forums but I hardly ever encounter fanboy ravings or perving.

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:32 pm

Actually I can't think of anything off hand except Notbbc and that's died down a bit lately.

The following rather illustrates what I've encountered in the past;
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.patrick/hopkins.html

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was my favourite part of the Fist of Fun radio show - thanks for reminding me!! :D
ImageImage

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:55 pm

Yeah. Its ten years old you know. Isn't that depressing? Anyway there are people you see on the internet who come across as having ulterior motives and I think if you're going to lust do it openly. I just come here to talk about my favourite television programme though.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:09 pm

Stonesy wrote:Yeah. Its ten years old you know. Isn't that depressing? Anyway there are people you see on the internet who come across as having ulterior motives and I think if you're going to lust do it openly. I just come here to talk about my favourite television programme though.
PMSL! Thanks for that link Stonesy. But yeah, there's a lot of locking-of-antlers on certain internet forums and you never know what people are really on about.

Personally I prefer forums with a more even boy/girl split. But I get the feeling that some blokes are put off Gents fandom by the lusting. Not that I think it should stop, or that people don't have the right to lust... it's just an observation.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:37 pm

I always thought that most of the fans were male, so I was a bit shocked when I came on here. I suppose the lusting could put a few guys off though
ImageImage

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:10 pm

the select few people i know who like log (and its not that many at all) are male. Can't think of one female fanthat i know on a day to day basis.

Thats the cool thing about us lot, we lust but we *beep* love the show too much too!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:51 pm

I thought most people posting would be male too. It's nice to have a group of girls to lust after Reece with! Nice to chat to the boys though too! Don't want them to feel left out!
I am quite new to forums and I just want to say that I was a bit intimidated when I joined up (about a day ago!) but this forum is much more easy to use than it looks and everyone here is so nice and welcoming. I already feel part of it, so thanks! It's great cos you can chat about other, non-League, things too and I love all the smileys and the emails to notify us when a post has a reply are fantastic. I am officially addicted. Not good cos it's distracting me from work! Woops! :)

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:42 am

It stops me from doing work too so this forum is officially the most addictive thing ever!! :D But it is soooo goooood......
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:19 am

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:the select few people i know who like log (and its not that many at all) are male. Can't think of one female fanthat i know on a day to day basis.

Thats the cool thing about us lot, we lust but we *beep* love the show too much too!
There's a difference between LIKING the show and LOVING it, though. The main Yahoo group never really had huge amounts of lusting on it, but the people who post a lot have always been predominantly female.

Maybe it's just that more women suffer in boring admin jobs where they have to post to internet forums to stay sane!!!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:28 am

I definately agree with you there Ratgirl. I want to get a new job, but am kind of reluctant to actually leave this one as I can just sit here for a while and post messages on here! I would miss it if I left.
ImageImage