LofG observations (moments in your own life)

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:17 pm

wow!!!! lots of observations there! lucky you, must keep you entertained!

my art teacher said we've got some good STUFFFFFF again, I think I might nickname her vinnie, she does it all the time!

steph x

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:18 pm

I was looking at Victorian circuses on the net - inspired by papa Lazarou's of course, and I found this performer with an interesting name ~

don't think it's him though... :)

the whole site was quite papa lazarou-ish
http://www.peopleplayuk.org.uk/guided_t ... hinery.php

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:13 pm

again many years ago i saw a dream... (continue)... i was in some odd little town and was walking in the streets. then i saw edward who appear right in front of me from nowhere. well i started to follow him. he didn't look behind and i just kept follow him like i was a charmed. oh and it was winter. finally he arrived to the top of some lake, and he just watched the lake like waiting for something. then when i get right behind him he turned his hed and looked me with his nasty smile (the one he always has you know?) i really stiffen and felt really scared... then the dream end. :shock:

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:58 pm

astrid wrote: What a looker

Can you imagine Herr Lipp dressed in this get up!! :lol:
HAhahahahaha
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:23 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:A week or two ago I was walking into work, and there was this *enormous* woman seated in the cafeteria, overflowing her chair, languidly licking a spoon covered in yogurt. I could not help but think of the woman that Steve plays in the Live Show Bernice sketch, the morbidly obese one. I've been trying to remember her name all this time so I could post this, but I've finally given up. :lol:
i think it's pam something.

steph x

Egregious
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Egregious » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:52 am

Looks like my Creme Brulee post was eaten too :(

Yesterday I posted about having an ice coffee drink called a Creme Brulee chiller...

...then I said, "Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy"...

...but it doesn't sound as funny now.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:24 pm

Just now i nearly spluttered my tea cos i just received a e-mail (in my professionaly capacity working for a renowned academic institution) saying that some one wasn't allowed attend a course cos it was " A LOCAL COURSE ..."

I went to my colleague and said this in an Edward voice (a local course for local people) to which she replied "lines and lines and lines" and we both laughed. She has no knowledge that i am a League-nut.

Well I never!!! :lol:

Sefi x

Owen Fallowfield
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Owen Fallowfield » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:34 pm

Written in bold fonts on top of the local newspaper we get over here is, 'Proud To Be Local'. I can't help but giggle and think of dear Tubbs and Edward whenever I cast my eyes upon it! I'll try and scan it when I obtain my scanner back! :roll:

Reenie

Post by Reenie » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:09 pm

My sister and I were driving around Melbourne the other night and we saw a shop called Pen City. We actually stopped the car and had a look inside.........full of pens! :D And then about half an hour later in another part of the city we saw another shop called The Pen Place! I could not believe it! :lol: I've lived here all my life and I had no idea Melbourne has such a thriving pen shop industry! Pauline would be right at home here! :wink:

Cheers, Reenie xoxo

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:24 pm

Reenie wrote:My sister and I were driving around Melbourne the other night and we saw a shop called Pen City. We actually stopped the car and had a look inside.........full of pens! :D And then about half an hour later in another part of the city we saw another shop called The Pen Place! I could not believe it! :lol: I've lived here all my life and I had no idea Melbourne has such a thriving pen shop industry! Pauline would be right at home here! :wink:

Cheers, Reenie xoxo
She would! :D Are you sure they weren't called Paulines Pen Place and Paulines Pen City... :wink:

About year ago we had to "built" our own shop in school.
Well our group made a pen shop. There were aaaallll kinds of pens there and we named the shop as Magic Pens... or something like that. And above this shop there were two pens reaching the sky. And I hadn't seen series three then... :D

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:51 pm

Egregious wrote:
I had another League-ish experience today. I'll begin by saying that I work in a community centre, so I have contact with a lot of very interesting characters on a day to day basis. Anyway, I ran into a client I hadn't seen in a long time when I was out to get my lunch today (although he didn't recognise me beacuse he's medicated to the eyeballs) and he was telling me how he had a new wife. I suddenly remembered that last time I saw him he had a new wife, (which was actually someone famous), and the time before that... Then I noticed that he had a gold wedding ring on every finger! I tried not to laugh, really I did...unfortunately he resembles Pappa Laz in no other way. :P
That is brilliant! :lol:

Reenie

Post by Reenie » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:09 pm

A few months ago my brother in law (who has not seen the League, the idiot) and I were talking about something or other, and he grabbed my purse and tried to look inside. I grabbed it back and said "There's nothing for you here!' and he said "There's no need to be rude.' I swear to God! :lol: He became very confused when I started giggling insanely. Unfortunately we couldn't carry on a conversation made up entirely of League quotes cos he had no idea what I was talking about. :(

I would absolutely love to say 'Don't let the bugger bite you' to someone and have them answer 'Alles klar' I really would! :D

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:22 pm

I would love to use the League quotes... but there doesn't come that many chances for do that really. I have said "Hello Dave!" when I have open the door or when I see my friends but thats all... Oh, I have said go-Johnny-go-go-go-go too sometimes when I have, for example, encourage somebody. :D

Heeeeeeeeeeyyyy, I just remembered... "Just one will be suffice!" :D

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:49 pm

My best friend and I often drop random quotes into conversations, much to the annoyacne of everyone else around us ;)

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:32 pm

I saw a Papa dog yesterday, it had a black face, white eyes and a white mouth.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.