LofG observations (moments in your own life)

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Herr Lipp

Post by Herr Lipp » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm

Hi Go Johnny Go GO Go GO. He's a friend of mine guys!

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:42 am

Go Johnny Go Go Go Go wrote:In my last RE lesson, my teacher asked if she could "Pick our brains"

Luckily, I was not the only one to jump back and crouch in horror, shouting "Nooo!"
hehehehehehe

Hellooooo Go Johnny Go Go Go Go. A friend of Herr Lipps eh? kool
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Herr Lipp

Post by Herr Lipp » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:37 pm

We both got to school with each other and he's in my science group!

Hello Dave?
A Local

Post by Hello Dave? » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:04 pm

Cool.
Anyway, as to my LofG sightings in the real world, I never usually see a character, but everytime I see a red bag or a white van (there are two parked outside my house right now), it reminds me of the third series.
And anytime anyone talks about "a local shop" I immediately can't help thinking of the famous Tubbs and Edward. :D

Hello Dave?
A Local

Post by Hello Dave? » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:03 pm

LOL, two white vaaaans...

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:55 pm

There is a skip outside my house ... it has a bed in it.

Thats not very interesting but there you go... :lol: :lol:

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:09 am

Sorry i was annoyed that there is a skip outside my house. I just posted it randomly. I didnt know you didnt know what one was sorry. I wasnt patronising you, patronise means to talk down to you BTW :lol:

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:30 pm

Thats a lovely pic PNW :lol:

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:43 pm

Hah hah! Those are great, VL! :D Almost too good to be true!

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:13 am

I had this weird little dream last night. I was at home watching telly and suddenly I see Reece as Papa Lazarou, but it wasn't from any episode... I think it was supposed to be a trailer for their movie. Papa had kidnapped the Denton twins and they were running around at some beach. But the twins didn't seem to be scared at all... in fact, they were all happy and laughing (including Papa). :D

It was weird because the "trailer" was filmed like a silent film. You just heard some music in the background. It looked like an old holiday home video. :-k

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:28 am

Strange dream, Aino. :shock:

I dunno if ive said this before but i had a dream that i was in the 'League of Gentlemen Them Park' and on one ride Papa tried to kill me with a chainsaw. Somewhere else i helped Phil and Dave bury Ollie alive.

Oh and i had an affair with Charlie :shock:

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:10 pm

Tubbs get undressed wrote:Strange dream, Aino. :shock:

I dunno if ive said this before but i had a dream that i was in the 'League of Gentlemen Them Park' and on one ride Papa tried to kill me with a chainsaw. Somewhere else i helped Phil and Dave bury Ollie alive.

Oh and i had an affair with Charlie :shock:
Wow! You have had lots of strange dreams! I know Ollie can be irritating but surely you don't want to bury him alive? :shock: :lol:

And an affair with Charlie? You should leave that to Ex. :wink:

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:50 pm

Aino wrote:I had this weird little dream last night. I was at home watching telly and suddenly I see Reece as Papa Lazarou, but it wasn't from any episode... I think it was supposed to be a trailer for their movie. Papa had kidnapped the Denton twins and they were running around at some beach. But the twins didn't seem to be scared at all... in fact, they were all happy and laughing (including Papa). :D
That sounds really good, aino! like a little foreign film about papa. I'd like to see that!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:55 pm

yeah that is an odd dream ...

as for the 'skip' debate earlier - i think in USA they are called 'dumpsters', aren't they?

Sefi x

Egregious
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Egregious » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:32 am

I'm ressurecting this topic, because I come across at least one thing every day that reminds me of TLOG...for example...

On monday I went into town and:
  • I saw a woman with culy black hair that made me think about Papa Laz...and then Jeremy.

I was walking along, and a man standing by some shops took a step towards me and said 'Hello...' It gave me such a fright that I just shook my head and walked away really fast, then I started laughing because I imagined that he wanted to ask me if I would like my breasts pinch'd! (Later I felt bad about walking away - he probably just wanted to ask me directions or something).

I saw a young goth boy in a top-hat and long coat - Papa Laz again!

I saw a shop called 'The Pen Shoppe'...should have gone in and told them to change their name to 'Her Nibs' :wink:

On the train home there was a group of teenagers talking about some boy called Reece - I could barely contain myself...

Also...
  • I get the giggles everytime I walk down the bottled water aisle in my local supermarket, because we have a brand of water called 'Aqua-veta'. Eventually, I just had to buy one...I keep it by my bed and fill it every morning :wink:

One of the Job centres (although they're called Job Network Providers over here) near my work has a sign in the window that says 'Ask a Local'. Well, it makes me laugh...

I go past a billboard almost everyday that just has one very large word on it: Reece. I think it's a brand of bathroom fittings. Whatever it is, it always cheers me up.
...and today at work I was making a sign, and as I was scrolling through the fonts I came across one called 'Merrill'...enough said...