Reece's Pieces!

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Reece's Pieces!

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Went to a screening of 'A Field in England' last Sunday & afterwards there was a brief Q&A.

I had loathed 'Kill List' so wasn't looking forward to this that much, but I'll try anything with Reece in it.

I am not going to spoil the film, especially as it is out in cinemas (try the Picture House chain if you want to see it in the cinema), on DVD/Bluray and also been shown on Film4. The director did explain why they chose to do this but I had a migraine which had half killed me by the time the Q&A started. Sorry.

I really quite liked parts of the film, some of it was beautifully shot and everyone acted really well. The story was interesting and what they managed to do with their meagre budget was excellent. I thought a lot about the film afterwards as it wasn't neatly wrapped up, the ending could have meant a few different things. I found it complex and quite moving. Again, migraine so it may have been a very simple plot and I am a mong :lol:

I'd describe the film as a play by Lars Von Trier. Some of the camera effects were very obviously influenced by Von Trier's style (which isn't a bad thing) and the play part? There are a few 'tableaus' which jarred a bit, very play rather than film.

So watch it and hopefully you'll like it. (There is a ton of swearing and willies - not Reece's though :( and a few bits of gore, I think everyone here is a fan of swearing, nudity and gore, right? :lol: )

What I remember of the Q&A was a lot of twats asking the direct extremely boring questions. Where we saw the film was at a snooty cinema so I knew everyone would be up their own bums. The questions were crap.
Reece had been on an awful Channel 4 program before the screening and he joked about the shitness of it.
He's had a haircut and his hair is rather short :( He does look like he's been working out a bit, his arms were rather toned. YUM!
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks for the review, Kate-ums! I hope I'll get a chance to see it here. :D
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 pm

"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Those are great. Thanks :)

Don't forget to watch An Adventure In Space and Time on Thursday. Reece is playing Patrick Troughton. BBC2
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 pm

I've really been looking forward to it!

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Reece stars in The Widower on ITV1 this Monday at 9pm.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Previous

Return to Local Gossip