Reece's Pieces!

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Reece's Pieces!

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:40 pm

I meant to watch this today but the mountain of clothes washing got in the way and I can't watch it now cos the Big Fat Quiz of the Year is on, SO..... I shall have to watch tomorrow.
The Guardian gave it a good review :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:25 pm

I watched Eric and Ernie earlier, it was utterly lovely.
Something to help make my Sunday in bed warm and toastie.
The acting all round was brilliant, especially the two leads (is that Adam from Torchwood? The one I drunkenly chatted to for a bit? HA HA - He's actually a really nice guy btw.)

It's still on iPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... and_Ernie/ so DO watch it!

It's also really funny and makes you miss 'them days' when you were a kid and used to watch them on't telly and laugh with your Mum and Dad.

And you have the added bonus of Reece in it (and he's Papa's brother at the beginning! *swoons*).
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Awwww little Reece, only 4 :lol:

That made me giggle for ages! :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUJjjE1WkM&feature=player_embedded

Little interviewy thing with Mr Shearsmittttttts.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 pm

AWWW!

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby EgregiousPerson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I met him for the first time yesterday! :D
I went to go and see Betty Blue Eyes with my mate and we got front row seats! It was amazing how close we were to the stage, it was so close that you would be able to grab their ankles as they walked past (not that we tried :lol:)
We waited for a while by stage door and had a nice chat with Sarah who said that in a few weeks they were going to record an official cast soundtrack :D
And then Reece came out...
He was such a lovely man, quite shy though. But he signed my Betty Blue Eyes programe and I managed to get a picture with him afterwards. I was told that as soon as he put his arm around me I turned several shades of crimson :oops:
Even though he was wearing these really cool yellow sunglasses I noticed what lovely eyes he had, such a magnificent shade of blue :oops:
Just drive into them, Dave. They can't stop theatre! ~ Ollie Plimsoles
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony
EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Awwww!
So happy you got to meet him and it was all lovely.
You fancy putting up the pic so we can all go awww?

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby SailorEarth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Ooh yes, I'd quite like to see your photo with him as well EP :) And it's awesome that you got to meet him, and that he was nice :D *tries not to get jealous* ;)

What was the play like? (or were you paying more attention to certain other things? ;) )
SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby EgregiousPerson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

I'll post one up shortly :)

Aha, well I did pay attention to the plot, some of the time... :lol: But I've seen it once before with zoeplimsolls but we were sitting quite a few rows back, yet the view was quite good.
And the second time we went we were at the front, but I think we both dedicated the experiance to admiring Reece close up more than anything else :lol:
And the play is incredibly good! Even though it is outstandingly funny some of the things that happen can really pull at your heartstrings (especially Reece. He cries at one bit. I think zoeplimsolls and myself drawed attention to ourselves by goes 'AWWWW' whilst it was all quiet) And Reece is so good at singing! They all are in fact! We're already planning to see it a third time this summer; front row seats, of course :D

There is something about the play I can tell you that all of the Reece fans would definatly like, its just whether you'd want the surprise spoilt or not. Zoe and I found out before hand about it and I'm quite glad we did otherwise I may have burst out laughing or something :lol:
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony
EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Postby zoeplimsolls » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Here's the photo:

Yeah, I think Reece cried in the last scene, it was beautiful D: We both 'Awww'd really loudly :D
The show was fantastic! I highly recommend it, and the front row seats :]
"People mistake my quietness for being grumpy. It annoys me. People think I'm being difficult when I'm not." ~ Reece Shearsmith
zoeplimsolls
Outsider

Postby EgregiousPerson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:12 pm

The skinny jeans *faints*
The funky yellow sunglasses 8) *faints*
Reece.... *faints* :lol:
EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 pm

That is a fab photo!
You both look great in the picture :D
I like Reece's jeans... not the sunglasses though ha ha!

Ratgirl and I are thinking about going to see this, I'm not so sure I'll like it as I am not a big fan of musicals (having said that I really enjoyed The Producers with Reece and The Drowsy Chaperone with Steve) but everyone who's seen it has given it glowing reviews.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby EgregiousPerson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:46 pm

You should definatly go and see it! I'm more of a play with songs than a musical, I think :)
And it's got Reece in! That's a good enough reason, isn't it? :lol:
EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Postby zoeplimsolls » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Aha thank you :D
You should definitely go and see it! It's brilliant, and Reece singing is always good :)
"People mistake my quietness for being grumpy. It annoys me. People think I'm being difficult when I'm not." ~ Reece Shearsmith
zoeplimsolls
Outsider

PreviousNext

Return to Local Gossip