Jeremy's new play Ghost Stories

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Jeremy's new play Ghost Stories

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Ahem.
Forum Hussssssbands is very serious and there shall be no Husband rustling here [/Edward voice}
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MattJ » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 am

The gents all together again for Jeremy's opening night.
MattJ
Outsider

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:50 am

First things first.
What the HELL is with Reece and his hair/mutton chops?????

Second (and yes actually the most important thing), Ghost Stories is f-off brilliant!
Too tired (work killing me) to talk more about it but when I get back on here properly then I will. In teeny writing so no-one can see unless they want tom cos if you're going then you MUST see it with NO info at all.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MattJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:12 am

Mutton chops are because he is filming "Burke and Hare" with John Landis. I thought he looked rather dashing! Surprised you don't know what he's up to.
MattJ
Outsider

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am

Cos I don't stalk him? :lol: :lol: OK there was a time.....
But I do NOT like the hair. Tis baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MattJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 am

Oh well - now you know. His hair is just longer than he had it as Benjamin. More than ten years ago!! Haha. Old men eh! :D
MattJ
Outsider

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 am

He still has that painting in the attic :wink:

Jeremy's hair is different too. A1TipTop had seen him on the train and mentioned different hair and it was a bit :shock:
Ohhhh, and there is a FAB photo in the program of Jeremy and Andy Nyman when they were rather young. I must dig out the scanner (God knows where that is) and get it up on here. It's very funny and also really sweet.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MattJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 am

Wish I could see the play. I've heard nothing but raves! Sounds wonderful. And amazingly, although I can't imagine how - actually scary!! :shock:
MattJ
Outsider

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 am

We went to a talk before the performance tonight and it was hinted that they may carry on with it. I don't know whether this means a run in an other London/Liverpool theatre or maybe they might take it on tour.
If you can go then just do. It really is scary and also very very funny. Like when you're on a scary fairground ride with your friends and half the time you're screaming and the other half you're all laughing?

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MattJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 am

Sounds like a must see. I just hope it tours or something.
MattJ
Outsider

Postby ratgirl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 pm

I really enjoyed it too, and was relieved it wasn't quite as scary as I'd thought it might be (then again, nothing is ever as scary as it is in your head, is it...??). So glad we all went in a big group, though sad I hardly seemed to manage to talk to some people (Amy - I looked for you after the play but didn't see you in the bar?).

In related news, though, Andy Nyman mentioned in the In Conversation With that Richard Wiseman kind of inspired the play. Just got the newsletter from The Last Tuesday Society, which runs events quite local to me (they also have an ace curiosity shop/museum, so have a look at the website even if you're not London-based!), and they've announced the next Quarterly Seance with Richard Wiseman. I'm wondering if I dare go... :D

http://www.thelasttuesdaysociety.org/shopevents2.html

"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:27 am

I saw Ghost Stories yesterday. I loved it I screamed and hid behind my hands a couple of times :lol: Slightly kicking myself because i chickened out of meeting Andy Nyman :( I think because i'm such a big fan of his i just though i would make an idiot of myself in front of him.

I do hope the do tour with it. I would love to see it again
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby ratgirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Heh, glad you had a good time! I'd like to see it again as well, so hoping it'll stick around for a while. Though I do wonder if it ruins the scare a bit... Bet I'd jump anyway! :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 pm

I find a good horror story will continue to scare you even on repeat viewings. The Ring still freaks me out, as does Dark Water and the vast majority of East Asians films that I watch. If it gets under your skin you'll still go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I think the first story would probably still make me go AHHHHH if I saw it again.

If you do go see it again then I'd love to know if you went AHHHHHHHHHH this time or laughed a lot more.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 am

From Jeremy's twitter 8 hours ago:

"You're hearing it here first 'Ghost Stories' is going to the West End. Thanks for all your amazing support. Special Twitter offer coming!"

I have to go and see it again :)
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

PreviousNext

Return to Local Gossip