Jeremy's new play Ghost Stories

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Jeremy's new play Ghost Stories

Postby Chica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 am

Jeremy has co-written (and will co-direct) Ghost Stories with Andy Nyman at the Lyric theatre Hammersmith from February to the end of March. It sounds so very Jeremy!

Ghost Stories, co-written by League of Gentlemen writer Jeremy Dyson and Derren Brown collaborator Andy Nyman, will be co-directed by its authors and Holmes, beginning performances Feb. 24, 2010 (prior to an official opening Mar. 1), for a run to April 3. In the show, three men gather, each with an uncanny tale to tell; according to press materials, "their chilling stories will bleed off the stage and into your dreams." Performances will begin a little later than usual, at 8:30 PM (except press night, which will begin at 9 PM) "as the dead of night approaches, the shades of past, present and future worlds are conjured under the Lyric's historic proscenium arch."

and

The final offering in Holmes’ inaugural season will be a collaboration between League of Gentlemen “master of the macabre” co-writer Jeremy Dyson and mind-reader Derren Brown’s director and co-creator Andy Nyman. In the pair’s Ghost Stories, which runs from 1 to 27 March 2009 (previews from 24 February), three men gather to share their chilling tales. Holmes told Whatsonstage.com that Dyson and Nyman’s evening, which will have a later start time of 8.30pm (9pm for the press performance), will involve candles, magic and illusion. “The idea is to genuinely terrify and disturb. That’s very hard to do in the theatre, but if anyone can do it, they can. They’ve got very specific skills as artists.”
Chica
Outsider

Re: Jeremy's new play Ghost Stories

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Lovely Ratgirl texted me about this last night (sorry for not replying, so hectic at work I completely forgot to reply :( )

I really like the idea of a later showing, it's a great idea (and gives everyone time to get home from work, get changed, eat and have a drink or two).
I'll definitely be up for this :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm hopefully going to go and see it :)
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Do I smell a big meet up? :D
A saturday night, food and beers then Jez, then a night of shouting HUSSSSBBAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD at various DVDs?
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Pam Doove: Olivier winner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Sounds like a plan.
Spare not the women, harvest them like tin.
Pam Doove: Olivier winner
Local Shop Owner!

Postby ratgirl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Definitely! I'm looking forward to it already !:D

Chica, when I saw Jezza's face grinning at me out of the free paper, I actually thought of you... so I'm not surprised you beat me in posting!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby a1tiptop » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Do I smell a big meet up? :D
A saturday night, food and beers then Jez, then a night of shouting HUSSSSBBAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD at various DVDs?

God.
Please.
Yes.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:16 pm

*starts drinking in preparation*
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Is this happening next year? If so, I'd definately love to see it because it combines 3 of my favourite things:

- Theatre
- Ghost stories
- Jeremy Dyson

And he is my hassbanndd so I have to show support. :)
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby Chica » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:20 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:And he is my hassbanndd so I have to show support. :)

Oi! *whisks Jeremy away in a flurry of curls*
Chica
Outsider

Postby serafina pekkala » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:23 pm

I claimed JD on this forum years ago, dear. See hassband thread. :) If you want to share, let me know.
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby Chica » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:28 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:I claimed JD on this forum years ago, dear. See hassband thread. :) If you want to share, let me know.

I claimed him before this forum existed. [-X
Chica
Outsider

Postby serafina pekkala » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Well there you go. Top trumps. :) But in the spirit of niceness and because he is the birthday boy, let's make it official as per the rules here? Chica and Jeremy. To the thread in your white dress, dear. Call it a vow renewal.

If only I was born 2 days earlier - JD and I would have had the same birthday, albeit with a decade between.
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Chica » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:41 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:Well there you go. Top trumps. :) But in the spirit of niceness and because he is the birthday boy, let's make it official as per the rules here? Chica and Jeremy. To the thread in your white dress, dear. Call it a vow renewal.

If only I was born 2 days earlier - JD and I would have had the same birthday, albeit with a decade between.

*adjusts bouquet*
Chica
Outsider

Postby serafina pekkala » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:48 pm

*throws confetti*
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Next

Return to Local Gossip