League Q&A on 21st Jan 2009 - Ten Year celebration

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:05 pm

a1tiptop wrote:God, I wish I could have gone to this! I had tickets and everything but I had to work! Sounds like you had an amazing time but it's a shame the audience didn't seem to be fans at all. Weird.
I wish I'd known you weren't going - then I could have asked Nat for your ticket! :P
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:19 pm

MrsBeasley wrote:
a1tiptop wrote:Kate - PM me the website too? ;-)
If its what I think it is - you don't want to see. TRUST ME.
i think I know what it is. I've never seen it and I don't think I want to!

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:
Papa's new wife wrote:.... it's a video by mistake ahahahaaaaaaaa.
I want to seeeeee!

Honestly, how cool is that? Makes me want to turn it into a trend, asking people to pose for a photo, but really be videoing. You could get the whole moment on camera, the approach, the request, the star agreeing, turning to face the photographer, getting in position, the pose, holding the pose, and then breaking away with a quick "thank you". Just fake taking the pic and tell them that you prefer not to use the flash as it washes everything out. :lol:
Of course, I *meant* to take a video clip, not a photo... 8) :wink:

Anyhoo... re *that* (in)famous video... I tried to watch it... I lasted about 15 seconds. I have seen videos of people watching it. Their reactions are hilarious! There's actually an ep of 'Rudetube' somewhere (on one of the online players, might be Ch5) that shows some of the reactions.

Oh yeah, at the thing, I touched Mark's beard. Aaahahaaa! To be fair, I *did* ask first ('I like your beard', 'thank you', 'can I touch it?', 'if you like', *strokes Mark's left cheek* 'lovely', 'it's only hair', 'I know!' :lol:)

I am not weird. Even though Mark is now probably convinced otherwise.

And Steve remembered me! :D He signed my book, and remembered the "Tracy without an 'e'" that I always say (not just to him... I have to say that at least once a day anyway in some phonecall or other)... then said 'I've put love in now' ... I didn't understand at the time what he meant, but then when I looked at the book afterwards it has... bugger it I'll scan it... *waits*

*sigh*

Oh, and before the Gents came out, Steve Bendelack appeared... I wouldn't say I pounced, but I moved pretty quickly, having never met him in the flesh before. He signed the back page of my book and flashed the most lovely smile. His. Eyes. Are. Amazing. No one but Steve could have played Jed Hunter (Ned Huntum?) :lol:

Sometimes my Gent-love starts to fade... but then something like this happens (ie they don't think of themselves as 'untouchabletvandmoviestardontevenbreatheonme' types and I remember what it was about them that I fell in strange-creepy-love with.

*sigh*

Uh-oh... I am starting to see me how they must see me... *crawls into deep hole in ground*

:oops: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Chica
Outsider

Post by Chica » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Jeremy's signature has always been rather, er, brief, but now it is just a Prince-style squiggle. I feel we should refer to him as The Artist Formerly Known As Jeremy Dyson.

Glad to see so many people got their books signed. What did you think of it?

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Very interesting, quite in-depth. Alot of stuff (films mostly) referenced that I haven't seen and might get round to at some point.

Oh and PNW... you get a mention on page 88 :wink: .
ImageImageImage

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:And you found me? AAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
I certainly did! :D
ImageImageImage

Chica
Outsider

Post by Chica » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:28 pm

There's a glowing review in Sight & Sound. As well there should be.

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 am

Thank Chica...

Will be buying 'Sight and Sound' for this review - Leon told me it was a good one!
Have we missed the cakes?

Chica
Outsider

Post by Chica » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:04 pm

It is a very good one! I can't seem to get the scan, you know, big enough to read. But it's there! I like that he mentioned how new it is to analyse DVD commentary.

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:31 pm

If 'Little Britain' ever get the BFI 'TV Classic' treatment, it will be the end of civilisation for me :wink:

I can read the review okay. Does it go onto another page?

Leon must be pleased - its an excellent write up.
Have we missed the cakes?