God how rubbish am I? Right, I shall write some stuff.
1. I'd like to thank the Gents for making the type of comedy that I REALLY love. That's made me laugh so so hard for so many years. That's made me start laughing out of the blue as I'm walking along the street or on the bus. Just because someone said 'local' or there was a butchers. Or someone had a club shoe. *still laughs at club shoes*
2. Thank you for getting me out the house and actually exploring the country.
I;d never have visited Derbyshire or Huddersfield (actually... not a big loss
3. Thank you for Reece. And his utter sexmoness. Many years of flicking myself off happily because of his quite unbelievable yumminess.
4. Thank you for my friends. I've met so so SO many wonderful people from here because of The Gents. I count so many people on here as my closest friends. I'd never had many female friends before, I'd found it easier to be friends with blokes because I loved footie and watching films about shooting stuff. This place brought me all you lot.
It is weird, but I'd never sat up all night with other girls squealing over filth. My life is so much better since I joined here *group hug*
5. Thank you for Mr Tennant. Met him by accident at Gents thing and fancied him right off. And ohhhh do I love him so. Got me back into Sci-Fi in a big way.
6. John Barrowman. Mmmmmmmm. Yum - no Gents, no forum, no being made to adore Teh Barrowman. And Ianto. Torchwood, PROBE (ahahahahaaaaaa), no meeting Peter Davison.
7. I only watched Spaced cos it had Reece in it. No Spaced, no Shaun of the Dead. How rubbish would that be?
In short, The Gents have made me happy. I'd have been so lonely in London by myself, actually I'd probably never have left my Dad's place. I'd be on my own in Sussex. Actually I'd probably have topped myself (truth)
I love you all so sooooooooo much (Yes soppy moment)
And loads of stuff like probably no Life on Mars, no being back into Comedy and Horror in a huge way, no dressing up as a black and white Minstrel.
Plus I wouldn't have my Myspace friends that I have now. And apart from the odd shit bag, they are hugely special to me as well.