Reece in Menier Chocolate Factory's 'The Common Pursuit'

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby a1tiptop » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Yay! I'm SO glad you all enjoyed yourselves. It is a really good play, isn't it? And yay for multiple hawtness.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Yep - joining in the Common love. Was such a great play. We were mega close that I was almost tempted to lean as far back as possible and then there were times when I wanted to lean forward! :lol: :wink:

Completely agree that James rocked the stage but his character was the most brilliant with some fantastic sarky lines. He played it to a Tee. The confrontation with Reece and James's character was brilliant. Nigel was great as well. I remember seeing something ages back where he was doing something more light hearted and comedy than what we are used to seeing so I thought he would be. And sorry to go all girly but he is stunning.
Ax
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsBeasley » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:31 am

Oh yeah my post has gone, so I should say again. I love it.

The 3 of them were hot.
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

The last night of "The Common Pursuit" -- 20th Jul

Postby Pelinor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 am

This was a fab night - I am so glad my friend Nicola managed to make it! The play was great - even better in a way because they seemed to be so at ease, what with it being the last one! Nicola was giggling a lot next to me, she really enjoyed it. During the interval Deb went off and came back to tell us that none other than Chris "Snowie" Johnson was there! What a lovely surprise!

We waited with Snowie and his family afterwards (his mum, dad, his lovely g/f Lucy and his little bro!) and Reece came out and immediately knew Snowie :D and we spent maybe ten - fifteen minutes talking to him - Deb asked about "Psychoville" - apparently we have seven episodes to look forward to! Someone asked about his hair, I think he's going to get it chopped back soon :)

I asked if I could have a photo with him, he sweetly agreed! As I put my arm around his waist, he got all coy and jokily said "What you doing?" like Geoff would and did a little impression of me going for him! I think I said "Grabbing a hold of you whilst I have the chance!" hee!

I have to admit I rather enjoyed copping a hold of him...he's so yummy and built all strong and he's warm and gah.

He also signed the gorgeous picture that Deb had done for me - the one in Tara's banner where he's biting his thumb.. hmmm. He said "I'll write over the face" and I thought "Nooooo....not the beautiful face!" - he needs to realise that he's VERY ATTRACTIVE.

We said our goodbyes to him and were walking away and I decided to go back and I asked if I could give him a hug. He agreed again! I can't remember totally but I think I let out a little content sigh as we did hug eachother.... :oops: thanked him and said "You're lovely" and he laughed and thanked me back. On the way out we saw Ben who played Martin in the play and I patted his arm and told him very well done :D

I think I was glowing on the train home, had such a big smile!

I have to comment on how sweet he was with us, there was no hint of shyness or anything tonight - he stood all that time chatting and was a real sweetheart. So proud of him.
Last edited by Pelinor on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pelinor
Distant Relative

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:00 pm

I think Reece is more than aware of how handsome he is.
He's had YEARS of fangirlies screaming at him, touching, grabbing him.
It's that he's just shy and hates attention.
This is why I've stepped back. Yes I'll go watch stuff with him in, but I'm happy enough to walk away at the end without Stage Door Jennying or anything. Yeah it's lovely to meet him, but I don't need anymore autographs or photos, and knowing how awkawrd he feels makes me feel bad for even being there.

It's cool you got to speak to him for a while and he was nice to you.
Who's Snowie? *is confused*
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Pelinor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Yes we saw it twice but didn't attempt to wait for him afterwards either time, thought it would be fairer to wait until the last night when he'd be relaxed and calm. He was in very good form :)

Chris aka Snowie is a friend from the Local Shop forum :D
Pelinor
Distant Relative

Postby a1tiptop » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm

I bet you're still floating on air Ellie! That's so cool that you guys all met up. With you, Deb, Snowie and Nicola I bet you had a fantastic time! And Reece is being sooooo sweet lately. Bless his little cotton socks. You didn't post the stuff you found out so I'll put it on Reece's Pieces.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Pelinor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:56 pm

I am Tara! So thrilled! :lol:

Oh thanks, didn't think to put it there, what a twit :roll:
Pelinor
Distant Relative

Previous

Return to Local Gossip