One for Jeremy II - Never trust a Jeremy fan ;)

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

TucBiscuit
Distant Relative

Post by TucBiscuit » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Re participating, I simply meant that I can attend things like signings, appearnces, filmings and give feedback. Before I was simply someone who admired their canon of work without having anything (in my opinion) interesting to say about it.

You've both taken what I've said in the spirit it is meant, and I appreciate that. But just for the record, you can't stay up to date with what's going on with the Gents from the Press Office thread. Again, I do understand the way you run the site, I'm just going on the experience of a male friend (who I am no longer in contact with) who couldn;t work out how I got so much more info out of LofG than he did.

But again, if the Gents - together or separately - had their agent run an info only site, that wouldn't be an issue. A fan site is exactly that, and should never be criticised (and I'm not) for presenting info in the way the forum posters find most acceptable.

Live long and prosper.

PS - I love the fact this site is written in English. How many sites are now taken over by text speak? Arrrgh. You are always worth reading.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 pm

TucBiscuit wrote:But again, if the Gents - together or separately - had their agent run an info only site, that wouldn't be an issue.
It would be possible to get bulletins from the agents I suppose but they tend not to do this really. And official fandom has it's own site. It's the same with everything else on the internet - you get snippets from everywhere and anyone - not just the agents.

I think it has worked so far. Sorry your friend found it hard to join in and found our conversations unhelpful - but this is how it is here and many other places :). Maybe the official forum or a yahoo group would be more in his way of thinking because they are usually up to date with news too. Althought I avoid the former because I hate the layout and can't navigate it so I sympathise.

You also have to remember that, as part of the community here, lots of us have become good friends in real life and - in contrast to the usual 'fan' stereotype - many are all friendly, sociable and extroverted (in a good way) in real life. It can make joining in harder for newcomers - but bear with us and you'll see the benefits.

That sounded like a cult - sorry. :)

Join us!! Woooooooooop!!

Sefi x

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 pm

That is because most of us are old and can't understand it!

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:20 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:You also have to remember that, as part of the community here, lots of us have become good friends in real life and - in contrast to the usual 'fan' stereotype - many are all friendly, sociable and extroverted (in a good way) in real life. It can make joining in harder for newcomers - but bear with us and you'll see the benefits.
When i first joined here (almost a year ago, would you believe!) i found it hard, but everyone was really lovely. Pnw and Tracy helped me if i posted something in the wrong place or needed help with anything. I have since met a few people from this forum going to shows and will continue to meet up with them when i can.

Chica
Outsider

Post by Chica » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:01 pm

TucBiscuit wrote:
When I got back to my table, I asked a lady behind me if she would mind watching my seat while I went to the toilet and identified her as Death (of the Endless). This pleased her , because her Mum had said no-one would know who she was :) A little later she came back to the tab;e - she was selling copies of the new The League of Gentlemen book! Of course I bought one. I've since read it, and it's quite gud. It namechecks lofg twice, quotes a poster re commentaries and names PapasNewWife as a forum name. Yay!

Back to the Curzon. Rudolph Rocker were great. I've never seen them before. Voodoo Lady went down well.
I am Death!

Jeremy chickened out by only reading half his spooky story and then leaving before even the Xmas special started. Bah. He did tell an amusing story about how he wore this suit to Mark's civil ceremony in the summer and on the way there his fly ripped, so he spent the entire time holding things in front of his crotch. He only realised when arriving at the cinema on Halloween that a) it was the same suit and b) he hadn't got it fixed. Whoops.

Rudolf Rocker did a live performance of Voodoo Lady. I didn't manage to get all the lead-in, but I did basically get the song. You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QEJIW8NW

Chica, crossing over from a lifetime of Yahoo

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Chica wrote:Chica, crossing over from a lifetime of Yahoo
I remember you - Jeremy fan from Yahoo group. You must stop by more often.

Miss D - you are a sweetie. And glad you found a nice speck for yourself here too.

All this e-mo-shun has confused my Cylon programming. :)

Sefi x

TucBiscuit
Distant Relative

Post by TucBiscuit » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:45 am

Chica, you looked gorgeous as Death!
I mentioned you because I thought you might be an lofg poster - and now you are!

And thanks for telling the Jeremy anecdote that I had completely missed (remembered, just forgot to tell). There was some whooping at that as you can imagine.

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:07 am

Nice to see you Chica :)

Haha poor Jeremy, how embarrassing
"I don't know that I share your view"

Chica
Outsider

Post by Chica » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Yeah, I've been in the fandom for a very long time and my Jeremy adoration is notorious. In a non-scary way, obviously...

Poor Jeremy indeed.
"Show us!"
"NO."

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Welcome Chica! Nice to make your acquaintance! :) Sorry to do the boring Mod bit, but if you (hopefully) want to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Newbies thread, pop in here. Our few forum guidelines can be found here. Hope you enjoy your stay! :D
ImageImageImage

Chica
Outsider

Post by Chica » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm

I ain't a newbie, I'm very much an oldie! :P

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:00 pm

Chica wrote:I ain't a newbie, I'm very much an oldie! :P
So who were you before? I bet I'm not the only one who wants to know...
ImageImageImage

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:17 pm

He he he. She is. Hear her bones creak.

BTW - Chica - tell Leon thanks. Can't believe he signed it. I'm so proud...
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Tracy wrote:
So who were you before? I bet I'm not the only one who wants to know...
I cannot recall Chica on this forum before - perhaps the 'oldie' refers to fandom on the Yahoo group. I dunno ... anyone? ;)

Sefi x

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 pm

No I think it refers to the Yahoo Group, Chica has been there since the start I think
"I don't know that I share your view"