New DVD out with Commentary by League of Gentlemen

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Stonesy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:55 am

I'll shine Scatman "Hong Kong Phooey" Crothers forthwith.
Meanwhile in todays Tigon box set news. The Body Stealers was like if the Childrens Film Foundation made a Bond film, I rather liked it but it wasn't a horror in the slightest. I also watched Blood on Satans Claw without the commentary and it stands up for itself quite well, all over the place with the story but, as Mark Gattis says, that's due to it being originally planned as an antholology. Fans of Catterick may like to watch the opening title sequence. I also thought that they didn't change the period from Victorian times to 17th century because that is a more evocative period, I think they just had the costumes left from Witchfinder General (or even The Black Torment).
And in horror films on the telly news, the twisted but slightly duller than it could have been "frankenstein created woman" is on Channel four this weekend, so look out for that.
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby serafina pekkala » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:12 am

I'll shine Scatman "Hong Kong Phooey" Crothers forthwith.

but do you like ice-cream??? My mum can 'shine' i'm sure - it is freaky.

Meanwhile in todays Tigon box set news. The Body Stealers was like if the Childrens Film Foundation made a Bond film,

i like it already!!!

Fans of Catterick may like to watch the opening title sequence.

ahhhh - interesting ...

I just got this from bargain Play.com - Astrid & Mama, if you want to come round one evening and watch/commentary viewing, let me know.

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby astrid » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:19 pm

YES YES YES YES YES from me!!! :D
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Stonesy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 am

In todays Tigon box set news, there is no Tigon box set news. I went for a pint and watched Charley Says DVD when I got in.
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby serafina pekkala » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:16 am

Stonesy wrote:In todays Tigon box set news, there is no Tigon box set news. I went for a pint and watched Charley Says DVD when I got in.

well i may actually get my Tigon Box set today so here is hoping.

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby a1tiptop » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:17 am

Stonesy wrote:PPS, there is also a little interview with Jeremy Dyson and Mark Gattis from the set of the film Gattis has got one of his film costumes on. This is also good as it tells you how much they 'just nicked' off Blood on Satans Claw. It is quite a bit. I haven't seen BoSC since I was about twelve so didn't click on untill I saw it again.
Also, if you see Mark Gattis tell him the Tyne Tees horror film spot was called Fear on Friday not Appointment with Fear. I'm sure he'll love to know that.

How freaky does Mark look dressed up as Sir Nick S-L talking completely normally?

The commentary is ace. Very very funny indeed. All films should have a commentary by the League!

Anyone know where Steve Pemberton was??
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Stonesy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:56 pm

Perhaps he doesn't like Blood on Satan's Claw.
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby serafina pekkala » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:03 pm

Stonesy wrote:Perhaps he doesn't like Blood on Satan's Claw.

maybe he was at home making sure that naughty wee blonde girls don't come in the house and eat their porridge??? hehe

Yeah - seems weird without Steve. Or maybe he had an acting job and needs to pay the rent.

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Localhobbit » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:13 pm

Although not really HORROR in the usual sense, the Quay Brothers stop-action films are quite disturbing, unwatchable to some, no doubt, quite chilling, works of considerable genius, imo.
Localhobbit

Postby a1tiptop » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:38 pm

Stonesy wrote:Perhaps he doesn't like Blood on Satan's Claw.

Nooo! How could you say that? He wouldn't have joined in with all those Appointment With Fear evenings if he didn't like the films...

I agree with Sefi, I'm guessing he had an acting job. Although Mark and Jeremy are the real horror officianados in the academic sense, Reece and Steve are still keen on the genre.
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:41 pm

I agree with Sefi, I'm guessing he had an acting job. Although Mark and Jeremy are the real horror officianados in the academic sense, Reece and Steve are still keen on the genre

Reece is more than i bit keen i think - he is certainly up with jez and mark if his study with the posters as seen in the Amicus doc and "shrines to Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee/Vincent Price" as a boy are anything to go by etc.

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Stonesy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:14 pm

Pemberton's the wrong side of the penines to get Tyne Tees, I think, though. Incidentally, I'm wondering if you have to have seen Blood on Satan's Claw to get a lot of the commentary. You might miss 'the men from the bedlam will come' because they are laughing over it and stuff.
Well?
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby a1tiptop » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:30 am

You definitely definitely have to have watched the film properly before watching the commentary. I totally agree!

They talk about the plot all the way through and spoil bits so if you haven't seen it, it would be garbled.
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Stonesy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:43 am

Yeah. I just wanted to say 'the men from the bedlam will come'. Also 'The Villain!! No cakes for him!'.
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:58 am

I fell in love with the music in Blood on Satan's Claw. Beautiful.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to Local Gossip